Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Phillies decided to sign Moustakas, Gio, and Britton/Ottavino instead?

Awesome for us, not awesome for the Phillies. One of the Sox, Yankees and Phillies are going back to their fans empty handed with a lot of questions. Anything less than Harper/Machado is unacceptable, I dont think anyone is even close to conceding.

8 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

The article is misleading due to it being speculation from a player known to be close to Machado, not Machado himself. 

This is all speculation, next week it will be "Machado to the Phillies likely per source close to Machado" this has been going on for weeks. 

Didn’t read the article but listened to podcast. I would assume the article itself would clarify it was according to sources close to Machado, not Machado himself, despite what the headline reads. So I do not think it makes the article conflicting of what he said.

2 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

The things i like from all the events of today are this David Vassegh guy seems (1) respected generally (2) not really a fan of getting into the limelight on this

Pretty clearly that guy got info from a player who is friends with Machado.

9 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Come see me after. I've seen many boxer's fractures.

I punched a fridge about two years ago and I must have broken a vein, my hand swelled up incredibly, had a bump about an inch high.   I was pretty freaked out I couldn't move it at all or make even close to a fist.

Within about 12 hours the swelling was 10% in size.  No broken bones, but a few days later just randomly it broke open again and it swelled, not as badly, but it set back the healing.

/random story

12 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

If signing both isn’t realistic, does anyone know which one they prefer, or does that matter to them and they try and sign the first one who commits? I’d hate for the Sox to hold out on Harper, Machado signs elsewhere and we lose out on both of them

Whoever signs first is my view.

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

Are we turning this thread into a "When I punched an inanimate object" story thread?  Cause I'm super in for that.  

I was watching wrestling when I was 11 and did a stone cold stunner to a large stuffed animal and bruised my tailbone.

• Like 2

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Whoever signs first is my view.

Sox are not "holding out" for one or the other. They seem to be interested in both players quite a bit, and would be thrilled to land either. 

Internally, I'm sure they have a favorite. From a PR standpoint, either is a win. 

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

After he signs in NY we can have a vent and rant and punch thread.

Interesting to note that ZERO national reporters have commented on the information that came out today. I would have expected bigger media names to comment, but they are oddly silent right now. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres