Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm still listening and he has called us "South Side trolls" on twitter, and said he was just trying to enjoy a nice day at the Zoo and he had 670 The Score calling him to come on their show and then complained that they were grilling him like a bratwurst, but then bragged about "And I did get a couple of jabs about how bad the White Sox have been the last 6 years".

Wow what a tool.

Weren't the Dodgers bankrupt not too many years ago because of a divorce or something among the ownership?  And didn't the rest of MLB have to bail them out to keep them in business?  And now their fans can brag about how much the Dodgers can spend?  And they still haven't won a World Series.

• Like 1

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Weren't the Dodgers bankrupt not too many years ago because of a divorce or something among the ownership?  And didn't the rest of MLB have to bail them out to keep them in business?  And now their fans can brag about how much the Dodgers can spend?  And they still haven't won a World Series.

Exactly- if this were a Yankees or Red Sox guy talking down about us, it would still be douchey but at least make sense. A Dodgers reporter doing it is laughable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don’t get it, he’s the one who said what he did initially.  It’s not like a Sox fan called him and asked “so do you think Machado might pick the Sox?”

Clearly just didn't think his comment deserved to blow up, but then he shouldn't comment with inside news on the 2nd most notable MLB free agent in the past 15+ years.  

Let him sit on his high horse.  

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t get it, he’s the one who said what he did initially.  It’s not like a Sox fan called him and asked “so do you think Machado might pick the Sox?”

Yeah I don't get it either.  Both Parkins and Spiegel were being more than fair in their defense...they were definitely not grilling him.  They were more asking him to clarify and when he said he didn't say that, they played the audio for him.  Parkins and Spiegel were more confused than anything.

This Dan Clark is obviously full of shit. I believed him because I couldn't understand what was in it for him to make things up. But it obviously wasn't a done deal, and just like the guy in LA, talked to a friend who probably gave him what he thought, not what he knew. I don't know exactly what my friends' every move would be. 

Now he is trying to still get credit for being the first to break something, even though his story isn't holding up.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

David Vassegh is at it again on his radio show today, and to paraphrase he was talking about the rumor he started and mocking Sox fans for being desperate to be happy about anything positive for the team. And going on about how they have been so bad for so long, and Sox fans freak out over this, where other cities wouldn't care about this news. And he felt like he was being attacked by hungry animals foaming at the mouth for something to be happy about.

Jfc

11 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What this guy doesn’t get is a secondhand source is a secondhand source and their opinions should not be construed as fact like Dan reported.

It’s also something he won’t ever need to share...

• Love 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What this guy doesn’t get is a secondhand source is a secondhand source and their opinions should not be construed as fact like Dan reported.

Definitely.  And that is the only thing that Vassegh has right in his podcast nugget the other day.  He isn't saying it is fact, it is something he heard from someone close to Machado.  But Vassegh doesn't need to be  such a dick about it.

Just now, BFirebird said:

Definitely.  And that is the only thing that Vassegh has right in his podcast nugget the other day.  He isn't saying it is fact, it is something he heard from someone close to Machado.  But Vassegh doesn't need to be  such a dick about it.

Yup, and I originally had a lot of respect for him based on how he communicated it.  But then he took this bizarre u-turn and just starting ripping the White Sox for no logical reason.  There could been other ways to distant himself from the rumor if that’s what is was about.

2 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

So we’re a bunch of assholes because we got excited about a Machado rumor? What does the LA D-bag think of the Yankee fans that were ready to burn down the damn city with their negativity? They assholes too? 

I’m guessing he’s never been on twitter or something, because all fanbases would react with similar excitement.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m guessing he’s never been on twitter or something, because all fanbases would react with similar excitement.

Or he's just an entitled prick that reflects the teams he covers.  He/they get what they want, when they want, at any cost.  So maybe to him Machado is nothing to be excited about.  But I am sure LAD we're pretty thrilled when they acquired him, so its just a bad look. 

• Like 2

I didn't think being a White Sox fan could get much worse than enduring a handful of totally lost seasons and trading a first ballot HOFer for a 2b who cant hit and a rhp who needs TJ. Turns out insult had not yet be laid on top of injury until now.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres