Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, fathom said:

Don’t worry, some want the Sox to go after Sale despite a million red flags.

If the White Sox need pitching next offseason that's a bad sign because of the amount we have...but I could still understand that too. But, if we can't close the deal here, how are things going to go when the Yankees need pitching?

Just now, daggins said:

Yeah, there have been multiple reports that Reinsdorf is negotiating directly with Lozano. If the Sox don't land him, you can blame Hahn, but you should blame Jerry more.

Hahn would have been the one that spent 40 million this offseason on stop-gaps, which is exactly what he said he wouldn’t do.  It’s his job to execute the plan.

8 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Is Lozano bound by the same rules? He isn’t a union member or employed by mlb. Legit question, I don’t know the answer. 

Pretty sure agents are also covered by the CBA because they are negotiating for one of the parties.

I honestly wonder how much of this market freeze could be fixed if they actually enforced the CBA and didn't let either side negotiate through the media. It might actually cause both sides to sweat a little bit more and not just wait around.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Hahn would have been the one that spent 40 million this offseason on stop-gaps, which is exactly what he said he wouldn’t do.  It’s his job to execute the plan.

Like I said, go ahead and blame him, there will be plenty to go around. As far as the pursuit of Machado goes, though, its mostly on Jerry.

7 minutes ago, shipps said:

Hahn will have a hard time living this down but time flies and it wouldn’t be long until the next big “whale” ( good god I hate that f’n term) is available for him to go after and win the base back on his side. 

We aren’t Sox fans because we have had the luxury of winning following this team. We are in it because it’s who we are. We will wait for the next opportunity for the next great player. 

26yo superstars don't come around free agency all that often.

4 minutes ago, daggins said:

Yeah, there have been multiple reports that Reinsdorf is negotiating directly with Lozano. If the Sox don't land him, you can blame Hahn, but you should blame Jerry more.

It’s amazing that it’s never Hahns fault, it’s always KWs or now Reinsdorfs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, shipps said:

Hahn will have a hard time living this down but time flies and it wouldn’t be long until the next big “whale” ( good god I hate that f’n term) is available for him to go after and win the base back on his side. 

We aren’t Sox fans because we have had the luxury of winning following this team. We are in it because it’s who we are. We will wait for the next opportunity for the next great player. 

Lmao pure typical white sox loser syndrome?? Id quickly leave this franchise if the sox lose out on harper and machado within reasonable contracts

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just saw on mlbtraderumors that Padres didn’t seriously contemplating going after Manny until the end of January. That would be another blow that Hahn shouldn’t recover from.

His career hangs on whether or not the rebuild makes the team competitive for the division and playoffs in the next 2 years. Whichever shape it takes, not just on one free agent deal.

This what we thought prior to the off season and it's where it still should be.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The problem is - literally none of the guys next year are this good of a fit. Both Rendon and Arenado are older. Neither has played in the AL full time. You have to worry about the Coors effect with Arenado. 

Maybe their older but who the heck will care when the trade bids or contract negotiations come? None. We will all be pulling for Hahn to get it done by all means possible. He still may land something that we haven’t even thought of outside of those guys too, who knows. He isn’t going to quit if he fails with these two big guys. 

Look, I will hate Hahn for a while but because being a whitesox fan is more of who I am than what I choose to be I’m still going to hang in there. I don’t feel like I have a choice. I really hope Hahn comes through man. 

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Lmao pure typical white sox loser syndrome?? Id quickly leave this franchise if the sox lose out on harper and machado within reasonable contracts

I don’t blame you. That’s cool. If you you want to follow the front runner I’m sure there is plenty of room in wrigleyville and the Bronx. Enjoy. 

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

His career hangs on whether or not the rebuild makes the team competitive for the division and playoffs in the next 2 years. Whichever shape it takes, not just on one free agent deal.

This what we thought prior to the off season and it's where it still should be.

Exactly. However, two generational talents being available without competition from the usual big spenders is a gift from the heavens that will take pressure off the prospects to perform. Signing Machado would make Hahn's job so much easier.

2 minutes ago, shipps said:

Maybe their older but who the heck will care when the trade bids or contract negotiations come? None. We will all be pulling for Hahn to get it done by all means possible. He still may land something that we haven’t even thought of outside of those guys too, who knows. He isn’t going to quit if he fails with these two big guys. 

Look, I will hate Hahn for a while but because being a whitesox fan is more of who I am than what I choose to be I’m still going to hang in there. I don’t feel like I have a choice. I really hope Hahn comes through man. 

Honestly, he just needs to do his job right now so we don't have to figure out how we're going to react. 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres