Fernando Tatis Jr. thread

Moan4Yoan

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.gaslampball.com/2019/8/16/20809337/padres-fernando-tatis-jr-likely-done-for-the-season-with-back-injury#comments

Seems theyā€™re shutting down Tatis Jr. and Paddack, pushing Kinsler out...in order to play for highest possible draft position.

Lol where do you come up with this stuff?

Tatis is hurt. Back injuries are about as serious as it gets. It will destroy your career if you're not extra cautious. That writer is a moron. Paddack is 30 innings over his career high and only has about 30 left before he was/is being shut down. He hasnt been shut down and I am not sure where you saw that.

Kinsler is bad.Ā 

48 minutes ago, T R U said:

Nice, hopefully his career is derailed so I can sleep better at night

Amazing that someone likedĀ this post. Pretty embarrassing honestly.Ā 

Hes a 20 year old kid making a living playing baseball and you want him to get badly hurt because yourĀ favorite team traded him. Pretty terrible thing to wish on an athlete.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol where do you come up with this stuff?

Tatis is hurt. Back injuries are about as serious as it gets. It will destroy your career if you're not extra cautious. That writer is a moron. Paddack is 30 innings over his career high and only has about 30 left before he was/is being shut down. He hasnt been shut down and I am not sure where you saw that.

Kinsler is bad.Ā 

He already was sent down to the minor leagues and made just one start over about 15 days...we shall see.

From the beginning, it was likely he would get shut down in September, and now they have Lamet, Quantrill and Baez/Morejon up to take those spot starts and get extended innings.

They still havenā€™t disclosed exactly what the injury is...when/if Tatis skips playing Winter Ball and is shut down the entire offseason, then Iā€™ll start to believe it is treated as reallyĀ serious (it is a bit unusual for a 20 year old, but not when you watch how he plays and his size.) Ā 

They just won the Dominican championship (Estrellas)Ā for the first time in like 50 or 60 years with his dad as manager.

Edited by caulfield12

24 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Amazing that someone likedĀ this post. Pretty embarrassing honestly.Ā 

Hes a 20 year old kid making a living playing baseball and you want him to get badly hurt because yourĀ favorite team traded him. Pretty terrible thing to wish on an athlete.

If you think thatā€™s bad you should see what I wish upon Tom Brady

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He already was sent down to the minor leagues and made just one start over about 15 days...we shall see.

From the beginning, it was likely he would get shut down in September, and now they have Lamet, Quantrill and Baez/Morejon up to take those spot starts and get extended innings.

They still havenā€™t disclosed exactly what the injury is...when/if Tatis skips playing Winter Ball and is shut down the entire offseason, then Iā€™ll start to believe it is treated as reallyĀ serious (it is a bit unusual for a 20 year old, but not when you watch how he plays and his size.) Ā 

They just won the Dominican championship (Estrellas)Ā for the first time in like 50 or 60 years with his dad as manager.

He's out for the year with a back injury and you dont think it's potentially serious? Why would tatis play winter ball as a big leaguer?

Then you just admitted paddack was always being shut down for innings limit so how does it have anything to do with a draft pick?

Ā 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

On 8/15/2019 at 9:05 AM, caulfield12 said:

Injury prone!

Third injury in a year...fractured wrist, hamstring, now on 10 day IL for back spasms from an awkward swing, probably just being really conservative with nothing to play for this season.

But staying on the field, wrote a long time ago that was the biggest concern with how aggressively he plays and how he pushes himself to do things not even he should attempt.

Yep, I realize Mr. Hahn doesn't want Tatis to be injured. Nobody but the devil wants people to fail like that. But it does forever take Hahn off the hook, the fact this young man gets hurt a lot. I hope his back heals nicely but these are warning signs that take the Sox off the hook IMO. Eloy forever; Tatis forever! Rest your back young man! Come back strong.

14 hours ago, greg775 said:

Yep, I realize Mr. Hahn doesn't want Tatis to be injured. Nobody but the devil wants people to fail like that. But it does forever take Hahn off the hook, the fact this young man gets hurt a lot. I hope his back heals nicely but these are warning signs that take the Sox off the hook IMO. Eloy forever; Tatis forever! Rest your back young man! Come back strong.

Not really...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, T R U said:

Nice, hopefully his career is derailed so I can sleep better at night

Really juvenile post. Tatis has a back stress issue and it could be serious. Staying healthy is a huge issue for the promise of young talent including Robert.Ā 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, pcq said:

The legacy of diving plays is a Joe Crede back injury. Bill Melton too. I would think twice about encouraging these plays but also learn how to protect yourself.Ā 

He actually hurt it on a swing...but diving on nearly every ball he can get to and running the bases like a daredevil doesnā€™t help much.

19 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's out for the year with a back injury and you dont think it's potentially serious? Why would tatis play winter ball as a big leaguer?

Then you just admitted paddack was always being shut down for innings limit so how does it have anything to do with a draft pick?

Ā 

Letā€™s just see how it plays out...theyā€™re definitely not in ā€œwin nowā€ mode (as opposed to developmental) for the rest of the season. Ā  Have a feeling they will end up oneĀ spot in front of the White Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

From what they're saying so far, it's more of a "repetitive" use issue and being termed as "soft tissue" soreness, which resulted in spasms in that at-bat.

He's going to be reevaluated the first week of September.Ā  Surely, he'll be pushing the Padres to let him come back at the end of the year.

• knightni changed the title to Fernando Tatis Jr. thread
  • 11 months later...

As of yesterday, here are Fernando Tatis, Jr's stats.

17 games, 76 PA, 67 AB, 15 R, 22 H, 4 2b, 1 3b, 8 HR (leading baseball), 18 RBI, 4 SB, 0 CS, .328 BA, .408 OBP, .776 SLG (leading baseball), 1.184 OPS, 229 OPS+ (leading baseball), 52 TB (leading baseball), 1.4 WAR.Ā  He also has no errors so far at SS. He's 21 years old.Ā 

One could argue that Tatis Jr. is the BEST PLAYER IN BASEBALL right now.

As my son said, if instead the question was - who would you pick first if you were starting a new franchise? - then Tatis Jr. would almost certainly be the guy.Ā 

So, I apologize in posting this little rant, but every time I see this guy perform it just totally bums me out. And it keeps getting worse as he gets better. Because while the White Sox have some exciting young players and are on the upswing, the fact they don't ALSO have this guy may well leave us short.

I would be better if any of our young guys were BETTER than Tatis Jr. But they aren't, and because Tatis Jr is still YOUNGER than all of them, they aren't ever likely to be.Ā 

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*******************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2