3/30- Sox at Royals, 1:15 CDT, NBCSC

flavum

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

When all you do is complain about everything why continue to watch or follow?

Idk about you but most people dont enjoy surrounding themselves with endless negativity. It's kind of a drag.

Want an honest answer?

You don't get the whole picture from me. I don't post "YOAN!!!!!!!!" when he hits a two run homer. I'm pumped, of course, but that comes out in real life. However, I can't turn to my wife or kids and say "Yolmer Sanchez fucking sucks" so that comes out here. This website provides a release. It's cathartic. It's therapy.

Just the view of one pessimist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

See, I vehemently disagree.  Everyone knows Palka is a total embarrassment in RF and Abreu is a statue at 1B.  Now you have Eloy out in LF, and you have 3 extremely bad defensive players.  Eloy and Abreu have to play, so not upgrading in RF defensively was a total botch by Hahn.  Sox pitching doesn't strike out enough hitters to neglect your defense.

I'm not mad at palka - he is awful and wont get better. I have said countless times he has no business being on a big league roster. Anywhere.

Tim frustrates me. I am a huge anderson fan but the focus has to improve. Tim missing the throw home, and not being far enough out to get the cut off and making the errors in game 1 just arent ok. He has the talent - he has shown it. It is all on him to keep the focus.

Left field really doesnt have much difficulty to it. Eloy isnt any worse than manny, Carlos Lee, etc etc. You can be a bum and play their if your bat plays up. 

Problem is leury is not a + cfer and he's surrounded by two bad outfielders. Right field matters. They need to get rid of palka.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

3 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Rodon should be playing 2nd base instead of Sanchez

Rodon at second would be...interesting.😉

Joking aside, I agree with you. Rondon might end up stinking, but we don't know and he hasn't proven it one way or the other yet. Yolmer actually does stink. Since we're not contending, let's find out about Rondon this year.

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, Palka is out of options though. If they send him down they lose him. Idk what they can do. 

I think Palk Smash is out of options...I think Skinny Palka can be sent down 😁

3 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Want an honest answer?

You don't get the whole picture from me. I don't post "YOAN!!!!!!!!" when he hits a two run homer. I'm pumped, of course, but that comes out in real life. However, I can't turn to my wife or kids and say "Yolmer Sanchez fucking sucks" so that comes out here. This website provides a release. It's cathartic. It's therapy.

Just the view of one pessimist.

Fair enough. 

I'm just pointing out that if we were hanging out at the park in real life and this guy was there:

It wouldnt be fun lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not mad at palka - he is awful and wont get better. I have said countless times he has no business being on a big league roster. Anywhere.

Tim frustrates me. I am a huge anderson fan but the focus has to improve. Tim missing the throw home, and not being far enough out to get the cut off and making the errors in game 1 just arent ok. He has the talent - he has shown it. It is all on him to keep the focus.

You're right on both counts. Palka is not a major league player. And Anderson has all the talent, but yet just doesn't show it at times.  We shouldn't be waiting on Anderson anymore. He should be there. And Palka will never be there.

Just now, NWINFan said:

You're right on both counts. Palka is not a major league player. And Anderson has all the talent, but yet just doesn't show it at times.  We shouldn't be waiting on Anderson anymore. He should be there. And Palka will never be there.

Tim, reps wise, is a couple years younger than even his youthful age. This is a big year for Tim, but I always expected Tim to bloom a little later than others because of his lack of reps in high school and college so I'm not really worried about Tim yet. The flashes still mean more than the consistency in terms of his ceiling.

5 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Rodon at second would be...interesting.😉

Joking aside, I agree with you. Rondon might end up stinking, but we don't know and he hasn't proven it one way or the other yet. Yolmer actually does stink. Since we're not contending, let's find out about Rondon this year.

I never understood Yolmer just being given the 2nd base job, when Moncada moved to 3rd.

14 minutes ago, flavum said:

I just can’t watch that guy in RF anymore. Top 5 picks are nice, but I’ve had enough.

We have some reactionary fans. Yolmer has been good and so has Leury(who many seem to already forgotten had an RBI double today), Palka however has always been overrated by White Sox fans. He is just a worse version of Matt Davidson.

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

I never understood Yolmer just being given the 2nd base job, when Moncada moved to 3rd.

Yolmer is a decent enough player. He should play there for the first half and be traded to a team that is competitive and needs an infielder.

13 minutes ago, Jake said:

When you put a really terrible defense out there, it's the one thing you can do to actively harm your young pitchers. I don't see a compelling enough reason to keep running Palka out there given how detrimental it is to the defense.

I'm thinking and hoping Palka goes to AAA once Jay is back and we have to add Santana to the 25-man.

This. So much this. Once they traded for Alonso, the writing was on the wall for Palka. So be it. Quit costing the team runs with a shitty RF. Jay doesn't help either, because he doesn't have a RF arm. I hate saying this, but if they didn't have a plan for RF they should've brought Avi back. 

They need someone that can play passable D in RF and has a RF arm. If they don't have that, they're going to cost the pitching staff runs, which will make their pitching staff look worse than it is. They should have signed CarGo or Jones. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This. So much this. Once they traded for Alonso, the writing was on the wall for Palka. So be it. Quit costing the team runs with a shitty RF. Jay doesn't help either, because he doesn't have a RF arm. I hate saying this, but if they didn't have a plan for RF they should've brought Avi back. 

Jay would be fine in right.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Jay would be fine in right.

I'm not sure about his arm. Is it RF quality? It doesn't have to be awesome just passable. I really wish they would have traded for Domingo Santana. He would have been a good flip candidate. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

yep, no excuse for Avi to not be back if they weren't going to go after an outfielder.

27 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

When you spend hours a day complaining on a message board about the same thing over and over again, it gives the impression that it makes you miserable.

If I spend all day complaining about my wife each and every day... but then say I love her and she makes me happy that wouldnt make much sense. 

The overwhelming negative posts that endlessly flow through an ingame thread about the offseason and etc is a massive turn off to the site imo. 

Want to complain about the team throwing the ball around the field like little leaguers in this game? Makes complete sense. 

But if you spend all your day complaining about someone complaining about their wife, that doesn't make sense either. 

Edited by SCCWS

18 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes. Defense has been absolutely abysmal. Embarrassing really. Unacceptable for big leaguers to throw the ball around like that. Castillo has been slow behind the plate. Throws in from the outfielders have been off the mark. Fundamentals are not taught at the major league level. The players are to blame. 

Now I’m convinced you work for the organization in some capacity or at the very minimum are related to someone.  When the product is sloppy on the field year after year, that most definitely falls on some combination of the front office, coaching staff, & development staff.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fathom said:

See, I vehemently disagree.  Everyone knows Palka is a total embarrassment in RF and Abreu is a statue at 1B.  Now you have Eloy out in LF, and you have 3 extremely bad defensive players.  Eloy and Abreu have to play, so not upgrading in RF defensively was a total botch by Hahn.  Sox pitching doesn't strike out enough hitters to neglect your defense.

If we’re stuck with Alonso, we might as well use him at 1B against RHP.  Abrue’s only chance at a future with this club is at DH whether he likes it or not.

25 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Yall are overemphasizing everything. They scored 6 runs. The offense isn't the issue. The shotty defense and gross pitching is.

Agree but 10K's are concerning. 

18 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Now I’m convinced you work for the organization in some capacity or at the very minimum are related to someone.  When the product is sloppy on the field year after year, that most definitely falls on some combination of the front office, coaching staff, & development staff.

No, I just believe people blame coaches and non-players far too much.

Do you think major league players need to be taught where to go to receive a cutoff? Or that a major league catcher needs to be taught to get down on balls and move your body in front of them? Or that he needs to be taught to come to a throw from a short stop who is too far out?

As someone who played solely because I could play a decent center field, defensive fundamentals are on the player. You learn those things every step of the way and those arent drills you need to be taught in the big leagues. You learn from 5 through college. 

Coaches/organization job is to put a player in best position to succeed (see palka, as I said that is the organizations fault because palka is not a mlb outfielder and they shouldnt put him there) but Tim anderson making bone headed throws isnt the coaching staffs fault or the front office. Same goes for yoan, yolmer and etc. Those guys are big league players and big league defenders. Hell the same can be said for Castillo. 

People dont blame the players enough in professional sports. They should.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Not sure I understand Fathom. I was just wondering with Palka and Garcia looking below replacement level do we see some lineup changes? Cordell has some good tools. 

But, we are just two games into the season . The offense has shown spark so that’s a positive to take away 

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No, I just believe people blame coaches and non-players far too much.

Do you think major league players need to be taught where to go to receive a cutoff? Or that a major league catcher needs to be taught to get down on balls and move your body in front of them? Or that he needs to be taught to come to a throw from a short stop who is too far out?

As someone who played solely because I could play a decent center field, defensive fundamentals are on the player. You learn those things every step of the way and those arent drills you need to be taught in the big leagues. You learn from 5 through college. 

Coaches/organization job is to put a player in best position to succeed (see palka, as I said that is the organizations fault because palka is not a mlb outfielder and they shouldnt put him there) but Tim anderson making bone headed throws isnt the coaching staffs fault or the front office. Same goes for yoan, yolmer and etc. Those guys are big league players and big league defenders. Hell the same can be said for Castillo. 

People dont blame the players enough in professional sports. They should.

I personally feel there is enough blame to go around from the players themselves being "baseball-stupid" to the organization teaching them from the minor league level on up to the big club.