6/7 White Sox @ Royals (7:15 PM)

4 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

I actually disagree with his "stupid front office" crack.  If anything, the fruits of this rebuild indicate they know exactly what they're doing.

When the rebuild is done and we're winning everything in sight I'm sure the negative guys will admit that they were wrong.🙂

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

When the rebuild is done and we're winning everything in sight I'm sure the negative guys will admit that they were wrong.🙂

Still a long way to go.  One of the difficult part is taking a huge number of prospects and determining you we need to move to fill the holes.

That's gotten Theo multiple times on the north side.  I'd rather have Eloy than Schwarber

Edited by Eloy Jiménez

Just now, Eloy Jiménez said:

Still a long way to go.  One of the difficult part is taking a huge number of prospects and determining you we need to move to fill the holes.

Right field and two starting pitchers.  Of course you can always use as much quality bullpen pieces as you can get your hands on.

Just now, poppysox said:

Right field and two starting pitchers.  Of course you can always use as much quality bullpen pieces as you can get your hands on.

Yeah, that's right now, but the winning window for most of these teams involves making more prospect management type decisions.

Just now, poppysox said:

Let's not forget, Cease and Kopech have not proved themselves yet, and both have already had a TJ. I think they'll be good, but it is far from a sure thing.

Just now, gusguyman said:

Let's not forget, Cease and Kopech have not proved themselves yet, and both have already had a TJ. I think they'll be good, but it is far from a sure thing.

And I use the Cubs as an example a lot, but they moved Torres for Chapman.  That was a team that didn't really have any holes.

Just now, gusguyman said:

Absolutely no one including Machado or Harper come with guarantees.  TJ is no longer a career killer in fact many come back better than ever.  I feel confident in the guys we are all counting on.  I do think 2020 will probably be getting all of the prospect up and learning to work together along with some rehab time for Kopech.  I still expect us to compete next year.  Robert, Madrigal, Cease and Kopech are huge addition along with more maturity for Eloy and Madrigal.  I'm liking the addition of McCann and perhaps Collins as well.

On a side note, I can’t believe that I have to choose between:

1)Ed Farmer and DJ grouching at each other while they barely keep up with describing live action faster than an app on auto refresh,

and

2)Steve and Jason constantly laughing at each other while trying to out cornball themselves

cant we just have one set of normal broadcasters at some point in my lifetime