Cubs 2020

35thstreetswarm

59 minutes ago, Tony said:

They are a very top heavy team right now, lacking any real depth. When Bryant is hurt and someone like Baez struggles.......they run into issues. Yu has really saved them this season turning into a Cy Young candidate. Hendricks has been great for a while now and Lester can still give them some good starts....but after that it gets pretty rough. 

They've got some really interesting decisions to make in the next few years. 

Especially with Ricketts saying they are at the limit of payroll and the financial issue going forward.  They are going to need to shed payroll to make any improvements.

I'm watching STL/PIT on MLBN and wow these two teams stink. I have no idea how the Sox didn't blast the Cards 3 times. Some scrub on the Bucs just hit a grounder to Wong at 2B with an ev of probably 30 mph and Wong booted it. It was an error that you see a little leaguer make

I don't know what's happened to big league catchers but this shit is getting ridiculous.  Cone-treras calls for a breaking ball, sets up wide WITH A GUY ON THIRD BASE and lets the ball sneak between his legs (go figure??) and the game winning run scores.  How can you set up like that when you know he's going to throw a BB in the dirt??  Is it that important to try to steal a strike in that situation??  I do not understand how teams are teaching their catchers to receive like this. It makes no sense and it's costing teams games.

I didn't realize how absolutely atrocious Kris Bryant and Javy Baez have been. Just horrible. All their big named players are having bad seasons there. Meanwhile, Heyward and Happ are killing it. Strange times.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

On 9/7/2020 at 12:48 PM, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I didn't realize how absolutely atrocious Kris Bryant and Javy Baez have been. Just horrible. All their big named players are having bad seasons there. Meanwhile, Heyward and Happ are killing it. Strange times.

Yeah they're terrible this year. Kris Bryant seems hurt but Baez is just a streaky player. He's been a bum.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:19 PM, chw42 said:

Jose can't catch a break. Maybe we can get him for cheap this off-season. 

Yeah I think he would be up for a one year return to the Sox maybe $6-7M. I think we will be waiting a while before teams start bidding on the big ticket FAs.