7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Didn’t he have the yips at the time?  Look, if you want to say he’s overrated in terms of WAR because of his game calling or blocking or some other element of his defense, then so be it.  But the dude is one of the best framers in the game and one of the best offensive catchers and most certainly not a DH or bad catcher like Jack is saying.

He’s not a “bad” player. My opinion is he’s overrated, McCann is at least a league average catcher (and cheap!), and the resources would have been better spent on starting pitching.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

He’s not a “bad” player. My opinion is he’s overrated, McCann is at least a league average catcher (and cheap!), and the resources would have been better spent on starting pitching.

He has been league average once in his career.....  I'm not willing to have bet during the beginning of our window that he miraculously figured it out.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Grandal has averaged a 5.0 fWAR the last 5 seasons. Only White Sox fans would b**** about his acquisition 2 and 1/2 games into his White Sox career after a long layoff.

That's because the guy puffing his chest about his failure right now is an idiot 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

We needEd a high OBP, left-handed bat and desperately needed to improve our framing.  Grandal was the best way to fill all those needs in one spot.  And McCann was good last year, but also was non-tendered by the Tigers two years ago and is only cheap this year.