8-21 GT: Sox @ Cubs (7:15pm)

55 minutes ago, fathom said:

There’s no question he’s not close to 100 pct. Hopefully this is a one day thing, as we really need him against RHP.

Moncada hasn't been 100% since he's been in a Sox jersey. Said it before, he's pretty soft when it comes to minor stuff. 

28 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

You can't catch him Saturday and Sunday due to the day/night anyway. I'd catch Grandal on Saturday, then McCann on Sunday with Grandal at DH (think he matches up better against Darvish than EE)

Thought they were all night games. That makes a little more sense now but I’d still catch McCann tonight and Sunday with Grandal as an option at DH on Sunday after catching tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Moncada gets three of next six days off is how I see it.  He has injury issues so no big deal.

Sucks they do not have a better infield option at this point. 

Jake Burger's resurrection shall do us wonders.

The more I think about it, the more I think Moncada's leg fatigue issues are 100% COVID-related. I know he had these problems last season, but he allegedly spent the entire off-season training to avoid them happening again. I don't think he would lie about that, nor do I think the training would be this ineffective. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Any game vs the shitty Tigers would have been strategically better.  Or Sunday to give him 2 days with the off day.  But no...

If hes available he should at least be at DH instead of EE....and yes I know EE is good against LHP but he hasn't proved a whole lot this year. 

Let me just say, the Sox have been on one of the most dominant stretches vs left handed pitching as a team in modern baseball history. Tonight will be interesting; I think they should destroy Lester but he is a vet. 

The Sox wRC+ against lefties so far is (if I remember correctly) 154. Next closest is like 30 points under. Lefties should be scared shitless of the Sox. lets go.

Games vs the division matter more than games vs the Cubs; Ozzie not understanding that really explains why he's not a manager anymore.

If Yoan was dealing with more soreness/nagging stuff, I don't think Ricky would tell us because of the narrative. Ricky doing his job protecting his guy.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Not happy with goins in the lineup, there HAS to be someone better than that out there 

Yolmer Sanchez was just released by the Giants.

Edited by smellysox
  • Haha 1

I’m actually ok with resting Moncada tonight, but I definitely would have started McCann tonight and Grandal games two & three.  People can hate on me if they want or say it doesn’t really matter, but Ricky is terrible when it comes to optimizing his lineup for specific matchups.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m actually ok with resting Moncada tonight, but I definitely would have started McCann tonight and Grandal games two & three.  People can hate on me if they want or say it doesn’t really matter, but Ricky is terrible when it comes to optimizing his lineup for specific matchups.

because you already addressed this happening, I'll just move on from it. 😂

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

because you already addressed this happening, I'll just move on from it. 😂

That was actually said with you in mind, but I do disagree that lineup optimization doesn’t matter.  I personally believe that context matters and bad decision-making can add up more than you’d think over the course of a season.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic