Realistic trade candidates AKA The Lynnsanity Thread

Orlando

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Lets be honest.  The Sox and Angels have proved more than anyone else in recent years that you need more than studs and duds in your line up to win.  Balance and depth matter.

And the Angels have anchored themselves, not once (Pujols), twice (Upton),  thrice (Rendon), and now the biggest whale (Trout) with mega deals that aren't producing enough wins.  

At least the Sox cheapness has kept them from going off the deep end like this. 

Balance is key. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

And the Angels have anchored themselves, not once (Pujols), twice (Upton),  thrice (Rendon), and now the biggest whale (Trout) with mega deals that aren't producing enough wins.  

Balance is key. 

Mike Trout isn't producing enough wins? What are you even talking about....

Mike Trout is a bargain. I don't know what you can't grasp about that. He's going to make between 4-6 million per WAR (estimate) over the life of the deal. That's a great contract and one any team could take on. 

Comparing Trout to Pujols and Upton. WTF

Rendon has a 179 wRC+ and nearly 2 WAR in 26 games. He's certainly not a bad deal at all at this point. Obviously it's very early.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If the Rangers really wanted to trade Lynn, I'd do something around Lopez+Dalquist/Adolfo/Rutherford

I feel that would be a no brainier for the Sox, but I'm not sure the rangers do it. All those prospects are far from guarantees. 

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

I feel that would be a no brainier for the Sox, but I'm not sure the rangers do it. All those prospects are far from guarantees. 

Not all three of the prospects, one or two of them. 

That's as far as I'd go, with Lopez as the centerpiece. 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Braves just sent Touki Toussaint down.  They haven't been able to help him get over the hump.  I'd be on the phone with them right damn now.  Dudes got elite (yes elite) stuff.  

Think we can get him for Yolmer?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Not all three of the prospects, one or two of them. 

That's as far as I'd go, with Lopez as the centerpiece. 

Yeah that's what I thought you meant. I would definitely do Lopez + Rutherford or Adolfo, I just thing the rangers could net more

12 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The Braves just sent Touki Toussaint down.  They haven't been able to help him get over the hump.  I'd be on the phone with them right damn now.  Dudes got elite (yes elite) stuff.  

guy hasn't thrown strikes since he was 12. Sox don't need another guy with zero command. He makes Cease look like Greg Maddux.

27 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Balance is key. 

Don't foget Josh Hamilton too

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Mike Trout isn't producing enough wins? What are you even talking about....

Mike Trout is a bargain. I don't know what you can't grasp about that. He's going to make between 4-6 million per WAR (estimate) over the life of the deal. That's a great contract and one any team could take on. 

Comparing Trout to Pujols and Upton. WTF

Rendon has a 179 wRC+ and nearly 2 WAR in 26 games. He's certainly not a bad deal at all at this point. Obviously it's very early.

The Angels aren't producing enough wins. 

The White Sox should not be trading anyone in our system not named James McCann and only if it makes damn good sense. (SP or RF with control.) This team can build a dynasty. Try and keep ALL the young players. As much as I love McCann, and losing him would worry me. Im pretty sure plenty of teams are looking at him. 

Lets do the best we can during this weird season, continue to improve our young core and young bullpen arms. Less focus on McCann, Encarnacion and Mazara etc. I think they are all gone after this year.  Lets see what options are available after this season things are changing everyday in this league. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Balance is key. 

You forgot the fourth, Josh Hamilton that anchored them in the past yet they keep doing it. I heard the other day that they are the only team with 5 or more 100 million plus contracts in the last decade and they had 6.

27 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The Angels aren't producing enough wins. 

Baseball just isn't a sport where a star can take over a game for too many of them. You can't put them in position to win the game because it's luck if their spot comes up in the batting order at critical times. All the other sports you can design the play to get them the ball/puck to win the game. This is one of the primary reasons baseball is so random and so fun.

Not Cishek is saying Sox are very aggressive and he now thinks a deal will be done but not involving a long term core piece.

A poster above suggested ReyLo for Benintendi. That would be fine with me although I think Bloom is more interested in prospects not ML players. Perhaps Hahn now knows the money won't flow in the offseason so the next week is basically the 2021 offseason

I think some interesting things I'm trying to figure out is you have teams, really all in NL like mets/reds/nats/phils...rox that are underperforming and may be looking to get ML ready help. And if there are any matches where there are major league for major league swaps that suit both teams competitively.