White Sox @ Royals - 9/4/20 - 7:05 CT

ShoeLessRob

Dunning (0 - 0, 2.89 ERA) vs Singer (1 - 3, 5.19 ERA).

Last time Sox faced Singer (8/29) he went 5.0 innings and gave up three ER. Sox ultimately lost the lead when Burdi imploded and gave up 5 ER in the 7th inning. Final score 9 - 6. Sox lose.

Dunning will be making his third career start where he will be looking for his first career win. Last time Dunning pitched (8/30) he threw 5 perfect innings against this same Royals team. Sox won that one 5 - 2 off the bat of La Pantera’s walk off 3 run bomb.

Edited by ShoeLessRob
  • Like 1

I would say yesterday was the least likely win of the series, so that's good.

Feel real good about tomorrow's matchup.

Sunday's is Keuchel vs. Keller, the latter with quite surprisingly good results so far this season.  The pessimist in me calls that a toss-up.

Still, win tonight and I feel real good about taking 3/4 or 4/4.

• Like 1

Hopefully Dunning gets a good, clean showing today to get 6+ innings (if Ricky allows him). I'd like to see him and Cease being given a little more leash to work deeper in games, get their confidence up. Would help save the bullpen as well, give guys like Cordero more time to rest up.

Buuut I'm guessing RR will have him limited again and give a quick hook if anyone gets on after qualifying through the 5th.

6 minutes ago, BRDSR said:

I would say yesterday was the least likely win of the series, so that's good.

Feel real good about tomorrow's matchup.

Sunday's is Keuchel vs. Keller, the latter with quite surprisingly good results so far this season.  The pessimist in me calls that a toss-up.

Still, win tonight and I feel real good about taking 3/4 or 4/4.

Least likely win is Sunday. Keller is the kind of pitcher that gives us fits and then there is the Sunday possible sweep attempt. But DK has been on point and we should have a good chance to win. We need to clean up in the next 8 games because the last 14 are gonna be tough. 

Just now, MiddleCoastBias said:

Hopefully Dunning gets a good, clean showing today to get 6+ innings (if Ricky allows him). I'd like to see him and Cease being given a little more leash to work deeper in games, get their confidence up. Would help save the bullpen as well, give guys like Cordero more time to rest up.

Buuut I'm guessing RR will have him limited again and give a quick hook if anyone gets on after qualifying through the 5th.

I thought Cease had quite a long leash last night.  I was somewhat surprised to see him come out in the 6th, but not upset about it, since his 5th looked like his best inning.  Then I was surprised he was kept in after the first double.  Then of course he was out after the second double.

I actually liked RR letting him come out in the 6th.  I might have liked to have seen him pulled after the first double, but I'm also okay with him getting a chance to work through it.  The decision was obvious after the second double.

The point being: RR gave Cease a long leash last night.  And he definitely shouldn't have given him a little more.

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Least likely win is Sunday. Keller is the kind of pitcher that gives us fits and then there is the Sunday possible sweep attempt. But DK has been on point and we should have a good chance to win. We need to clean up in the next 8 games because the last 14 are gonna be tough. 

Yeah...I mean, Keller is better than Duffy, but Keuchel is better than Cease.  Probably very close in terms of a run line.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

How awesome would it be to have both those guys in the same rotation.  I'm only going to say that once......or maybe  twenty times.  

Wow. What a different take then during the draft. Everyone was freaking out that KW was going to be an idiot and over rule everyone and take him.  Along with the relief when he didn't 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Wow. What a different take then during the draft. Everyone was freaking out that KW was going to be an idiot and over rule everyone and take him.  Along with the relief when he didn't 

This.... so much this. It’s funny how some takes are gonna be as negative as possible. Boy did this board want nothing to do with Singer and would’ve been another reason the FO was horrible. Now the FO is not good for passing on him...

6 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yep.  He won the Aaron Nola award on Soxtalk for the Pitcher that Soxtalk was absolutely pissed that the Sox might take.

1 minute ago, yesterday333 said:

This.... so much this. It’s funny how some takes are gonna be as negative as possible. Boy did this board want nothing to do with Singer and would’ve been another reason the FO was horrible. Now the FO is not good for passing on him...

To be fair, it’s only one person that is saying how they wanted Singer and he wasn’t posting leading up to the draft.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Yep.  He won the Aaron Nola award on Soxtalk for the Pitcher that Soxtalk was absolutely pissed that the Sox might take.

Not even close, as Singer’s stuff deteriorated his junior year which turned a lot of us off. Nola’s stuff improved, so there were more people intrigued by him.

2 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Not that this matter but the front office gets paid to be correct, not the fans. 

• Tony locked this topic