Wild Card playoff thread Sox at A's Game 1 - First Pitch at 2 PM CT

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/heres-who-is-going-to-win-the-2020-world-series-maybe/

Most of the guys over at FanGraphs have us winning this series. There's also 1 that has us winning the World Series.

Twins play great at home, but the Astros have good pitching beyond Verlander, surprised few there picked Houston. 

Oakland should be slight favorites based on being accustomed to their ballpark and last at bat, but it's a pretty even series on paper.

Marlins have good young starters as well, wouldn't be surprised if they advance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Does the roster get refreshed every round, or is this it for the rest of the playoffs 

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/transactions/postseason-roster-rules-eligibility

Reset for each series. However, if a player is swapped for injury within a series, they are ineligible the following series.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Hot damn. Please get Grandal/McCann at DH and start Engel in RF.

I know it's Ricky, but come on my dude. Leury is back, so you have the flexibility.

Leury in RF would be my poreference.  He absolutely mashes LHP.  BUT I'm happy as long as we do not see Mazara

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

I remember I had class and it was a day game. It was before cell phones kept scores so I was SOL. I went back to my apartment where my friends were watching the game and already drunk. It was already a blowout and I was shocked as everyone was standing and yelling in happiness. The Red Sox hype machine was real and the analysts and commentators wanted them to beat us. I remember when Manny and Papi homered how they freezed framed both as if it were works of art. I knew after that first game that we would win the World Series. 

Berman in game 1 and 3 was the most embarrassing broadcaster ever. He was basically weeping giving his eulogy for the 04 red sox.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/heres-who-is-going-to-win-the-2020-world-series-maybe/

Most of the guys over at FanGraphs have us winning this series. There's also 1 that has us winning the World Series.

I think the Sox have a good chance to take the series, especially if they win today.  I'm nervous beyond this series with the lack of starting pitching.

• Like 2

I  feel nothing right now.  I'm not anxious or excited or worried but I am ready to watch Sox playoff baseball.  I think the last two weeks just drained all the emotion out of me with this team.  We've seen the best and worst of them.  They won't need to be at their best to take this series, but they can't be at their worst that's for sure.

Go Sox.  

• Like 2

Just now, smellysox said:

This bullpen is absolutely the strength of this team. And match that up with the bats waking up against the cubs. Watch out! Let's go Sox!!!

Love the best part about the bullpen, but I’d still like to see Giolito (and Keuchel) go 6. But Crochet, Heuer, and Colome behind them is nice.

• Like 2