Sox @ A’s - Wildcard Game 3 - 2:10

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

What other explanation is there? I’ve never seen a game, let alone a playoff game, cancelled with that type of forecast. Probably cover for a potential Covid case. Otherwise it makes no sense.

Yep they’re saying it’s rain.

• Like 1

I'm somewhat optimistic about the game.  Offense needs to get going right away and score a few runs.  Dunning may be keyed up and a bit wild to start.  I like the bullpen's chances, provided RR doesn't make bad decisions about who and when.

A win today is huge for this team.  Making it to the ALDS with the lack of starting pitching and a couple glaring holes on offense bodes quite well for the future.

• Like 1

We seem pretty evenly matched with Oakland. So we have to play sound baseball today. I love Nicky Two Strikes, but he made at least 4 mistakes yesterday. I don't expect that from him today. But no unforced errors is required today. No extra outs and have to take every base available to us!

Edited by KipWellsFan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

We seem pretty evenly matched with Oakland. So we have to play sound baseball today. I love Nicky Two Strikes, but he made at least 4 mistakes yesterday. I don't expect that from him today. But no unforced errors may be needed. No extra outs and have to take every base available to us!

I think we have more talent, they have more seasoned veterans.  This game is a coin flip IMO.

Also, Nicky needs to work on fielding grounders at the cut of the grass.  It is consistently a problem for him.  He's a baby, though, he'll get better.

Edited by sullythered
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

There is no major rain in the forecast.     

Odd to cancel already not looking like rain all day. 

Something ain't right there....MLB covering their ass after screwing up Indians game? 

Maybe the Cubs just don't want to play in the windy 50º October chill?  Beats me.

• Like 1