Sox sign Adam Eaton 1 year, $7m plus option

Greek-konerko

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep KW thinks they were soft. Meanwhile the same front office failed to get another pitcher when it was brutally obvious the pitching was running on fumes. 

So does Hahn make everyone coffee now that everyone else has a say.  I wonder if the sodfather is higher on org chart than Hahn.  It must be madenning watching people take over to pick apart something that was built. 

Edited by southsideirish71

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

So does Hahn make everyone coffee now that everyone else has a say.  I wonder if the sodfather is higher on org chart than Hahn.  It must be madenning watching people take over to pick apart something that was built. 

As soon as La Russa was hired, I figured Hahn would be gone after the 2021 season. I predicted he'd go to the Cubs but obviously that won't happen. Still, I expect him to leave.

Just now, Superstar Lamar said:

and sometimes a person rumored to be a dbag just angered the wrong person

Sox management had reason to hate him but they chose to reacquire him, with a rash of other possible RF available.

Hate to beat a dead horse here, but I think JR will take $ savings over morale any day.

7 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It’s still December. What have the Twins, Indians, Rays, and Yankees done to improve so far?

They're all as good as or better than the Sox (except the Twins given who they've lost). Adam Eaton does not make this team better than any of them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Great deal.  Love it.  Smart move.  Maybe the FO is finally willing to let go of a grudge (good thing) but more likely it probably means Hahn's deals are vetted by TLR (bad).  

I am right with you. Unless he is washed up it's a great move. Platoon Adam1 with Adam2 and he will get just enough rest from the everyday grind.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

As soon as La Russa was hired, I figured Hahn would be gone after the 2021 season. I predicted he'd go to the Cubs but obviously that won't happen. Still, I expect him to leave.

Remember when Reinsdorf cut the legs out of a deal between KW and Toronto.

You only get to leave the Sox when JR allows it

5 minutes ago, Superstar Lamar said:

and sometimes a person rumored to be a dbag just angered the wrong person

Sox management had reason to hate him but they chose to reacquire him, with a rash of other possible RF available.

Yet the reputation has followed him to three different teams now.,

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Yet the reputation has followed him to three different teams now.,

much different situation this time around.  Including Eaton, who has no doubt been humbled since he was a mid 20s ascending player and has dealt with injury and reached the top of the mountain in Washington.