Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min

fathom

32 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Maybe I'm not giving Vaughn enough credit but would signing Cruz for 1 year really be "blocking" Vaughn? I wouldn't think he was going to be in the bigs this year anyway with only 1 year in single A prior to

Yeah, the seemingly common assumption he is just gonna come right up this year (and mash, too) is actually becoming very irritating to me. No 1 year DH is "blocking" Vaughn from anything. FFS.

• Love 1

Just now, smellysox said:

Let's get that lineup up with Cruz in it!!! Let's Go!

Yeah, I’m 100% all for Cruz!  I get the argument for signing someone like La Stella who offers more versatility, but Cruz isn’t your average DH, he’s a legit game-changer.  I can’t believe aren’t getting more hyped over this!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh wait, he’s legit suggesting we’re signing Cruz?

I hate going down these roads that are unlikely, but....

If the Sox are to sign Cruz, that would likely mean they are picking up a SP for very little cash, right? Because we assume they are getting close to being tapped financially. Burnes makes very little cash. The only problem with this equation is - if Madrigal is in the deal, the Sox would need money for LaStella too.

Edited by Sarava
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheTruth05 said:

I mean Cruz for 1 year with Vaughn in the wings is honestly a dream scenario. Hoping Hector is right on this one

It makes total sense unless it prevents us from adding a starter mid tier starter.  Giving Vaughn a year in the minors isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

If the Sox are to sign Cruz, that would likely mean they are picking up a SP for very little cash, right? Because we assume they are getting close to being tapped financially. Burnes makes very little cash. The only problem with this equation is - if Madrigal is in the deal, the Sox would need money for LaStella too.

If they get cruz...mendick and leury would be just fine

7 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Those are good questions.  Could be what fathom is suggesting and they plan on dealing Vaughn++ for Burnes.  Or perhaps Jerry is a little more optimistic about potential fan attendance and is willing to spend a little more to fit Cruz into equation.  Even way, he’d be a massive addition for the 2021 season.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• knightni changed the title to Hector wrong. Again. - Cruz back with Min