ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

Just now, SoCalChiSox said:

Why?

Jose is the one who is gonna have to get moved after the season if Eloy is healthy.

You don't move 6 years of a great hitter in Vaughn when you can move 1 year instead. 

Jose will never get traded. He’s the key to our Cuban pipeline.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yep Yoenis and Puig need to be on speed dial. The only silver lining is that Eloy's only value is his bat. Maybe one of those two can soften the blow for a few months. 

I mean, read the details (deliberately not quoted) and tell me you still want Puig.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/ex-dodger-yasiel-puig-sued-for-sexual-assault-1234607027/

Why?

Jose is the one who is gonna have to get moved after the season if Eloy is healthy.

You don't move 6 years of a great hitter in Vaughn when you can move 1 year instead. 

Jose means too much to the Sox. Like I said I don't think he goes anywhere. He's on the Konerko plan. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think you both are nuts. Replace one injury prone guy with an old injury prone who has barely played for 2 years guy? The Sox don't want to pay for another guy to get injured.

You don't have a choice but to give it a shot. We need a guy that can at least give you half of Eloy's offensive production. 

4 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Injuries happen, and sometimes a big gun like Eloy goes down.  What's the most frustrating is that it was completely avoidable.  He truly is like a clumsy newborn giraffe out there, but he makes it worse by taking unnecessary risks.

I imagine Hahn is already on the phone.

Hahn on the phone, Jerry sneakily pulling the cord out of the wall

• Haha 3

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Jose means too much to the Sox. Like I said I don't think he goes anywhere. He's on the Konerko plan. 

We cant afford to be emotional here. 

There's a window here for most of the 2020s and there's no room for this type of stuff. 

6 years vs 1 year. Its a simple cold calculus. 

Jose can be a team ambassador or something.

• Like 2

There's a window here for most of the 2020s and there's no room for this type of stuff. 

Assuming Vaughn is as expected.. Jose should not be offered another extension.  That still gives him 2 more years with us.  Tough choices need to be made if you're serious.

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

You don't have a choice but to give it a shot. We need a guy that can at least give you half of Eloy's offensive production. 

As we found out with Eloy you can't have offensive production from a hospital bed. Puig is available , younger healthier power decent fielder. Calling Rachel Luba  !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I wouldn't have re-signed Abreu last year for this reason but then they miss out on his MVP season. 

Abreu is like Konerko. He's going to be pretty damn good into his late 30s. 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

As we found out with Eloy you can't have offensive production from a hospital bed. Puig is available , younger healthier power decent fielder. Calling Rachel Luba  !

Didn’t they ask the players a year or so ago if they should go after him and they said no?

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Puig is sorta...not available. At the very least, MLB probably wouldn't let you play him.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I wouldn't have re-signed Abreu last year for this reason but then they miss out on his MVP season. 

Abreu is like Konerko. He's going to be pretty damn good into his late 30s. 

And if they don't extend Abreu before the season (and just went with the 1 year QO), they would have given a multi-year deal after his MVP season anyway, possibly a 3 year.

Edited by manbearpuig