ELOY HURT! (3/25 Update: Torn Pectoral Tendon, Out 5-6 months))

Buehrle>Wood

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

A earlier in March ago Luba was saying he's available.

I mean he is, but MLB is deliberately not pushing anything on investigations or suspensions because they're just trusting teams not to sign him right now, and no team is doing so. They're going to let his legal case play out first and hope that a judge just makes this go away for them.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31044776/sexual-assault-allegations-cloud-yasiel-puig-future-mlb

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

So were just gonna wallow in mediocrity then with scrub bats at both corner OF positions in the midst of the championship window?

They have come out and set expectations that this is a WS season. One player being out shouldn’t stop that goal. If it does, you weren’t a WS contender to start. 

This is the tough part of the job for Hahn. But he needs to figure this out. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Didn’t they ask the players a year or so ago if they should go after him and they said no?

Before they got Mazara they Sox did talk to Puig and Williams said they came away big fanes of Puig. ( The usual fluff). Abreu said he was surprised had hadn't signed with anyone because he was still young  (29 at the time) but admitted he wasn't a fit because they now had Mazara and there was no room. That's all I got.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I'm no pro athlete or anything, but I've had 4 surgeries on my feet in the last 2 years and from personal experience, muscle atrophy is a b****. 

Yes it is. The feet are worse though as they are very small muscles that take forever to build up. runners with this issues have to do certain exercises daily to get them to function properly. Bigger muscles respond much better and faster to the loads placed upon them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm no pro athlete or anything, but I've had 4 surgeries on my feet in the last 2 years and from personal experience, muscle atrophy is a b****. 

It took me 15 months to feel normal. 

You're not a pro athlete.   That's where you should have stopped typing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

If Eloy comes back late August or September from an upper body injury, I'm not sure he will have the value we need him to. Gotta bring in another big bat because you can't waste another year of this window. 

The problem is tell that to JR. He doesn’t want to hand out anymore MLB contracts. 

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Yes it is. The feet are worse though as they are very small muscles that take forever to build up. runners with this issues have to do certain exercises daily to get them to function properly. Bigger muscles respond much better and faster to the loads placed upon them.

My PT, surgeon and I are arguing with my insurance company constantly because the IC is being stingy about PT appts. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Puig's agent was saying Puig was available? Shocker. The team already rejected him so I am not sure why he keeps getting brought back up other than the Cuban memes.

Umm because he's available and about and as good as you could expect to get without trading anyone unless you prefer Ryan Braun.

Tuned into the score for the first time in over a year to hear the presser, nothing but commercials for the last 4 minutes straight.  Nothing has changed.  Disappointing that nothing has changed with their strategy to milk every last penny out of their remaining dinosaur listeners and then die.  

• Haha 1

Just now, GREEDY said:

Tuned into the score for the first time in over a year to hear the presser, nothing but commercials for the last 4 minutes straight.  Nothing has changed.  Disappointing that nothing has changed with their strategy to milk every last penny out of their remaining dinosaur listeners and then die.  

It's the top of the hour.  That's when the commercials run

• Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

My PT, surgeon and I are arguing with my insurance company constantly because the IC is being stingy about PT appts. 

Yep. Unfortunately, medicare cut funding for PT by almost 4% in February (we fought it and kind of won because it was going to be 9%) and all insurance followed as they typically do. You need to make sure to keep up with the home strengthening program as that's the most important part anyway.

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

If Eloy comes back late August or September from an upper body injury, I'm not sure he will have the value we need him to. Gotta bring in another big bat because you can't waste another year of this window. 

At least there would be a minor league season for him to go to.  Much better then last year where Schaumburg was only rehab game action.