Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

i would like Escobar. Yes, he has been pretty meh, as has been pointed out. But he does hit HRs, something the Sox need to win games, and the fact that he has been meh would reduce the cost and maybe increase the odds he gets on a roll. Does anyone really think Adam Fraizer is going to hit .320 this year? And how about switching leagues?  He is going to cost a ton, and probably regress closer to the mean..You probably get Escobar for not much more than salary relief. 

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

i would like Escobar. Yes, he has been pretty meh, as has been pointed out. But he does hit HRs, something the Sox need to win games, and the fact that he has been meh would reduce the cost and maybe increase the odds he gets on a roll. Does anyone really think Adam Fraizer is going to hit .320 this year? And how about switching leagues?  He is going to cost a ton, and probably regress closer to the mean..You probably get Escobar for not much more than salary relief. 

Yeah I think I prefer Escobar myself. Frazier just seems like a guy who would regress hard and the Pirates should be selling high on him.

20 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Yuck. If this is our big trade we’re screwed. I don’t have any faith in this front office making more moves that potentially add more payroll. 

Escobar would be a nice add. I have zero interest in trading Crochet or really anyone at the major league level to go get a major piece. Moving forward beyond 2021, our only real hole in the lineup RF. No reason to ship Crochet out of town for someone like Gallo or Frazier. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Escobar would be a nice add. I have zero interest in trading Crochet or really anyone at the major league level to go get a major piece. Moving forward beyond 2021, our only real hole in the lineup RF. No reason to ship Crochet out of town for someone like Gallo or Frazier. 

I am starting to think if we are trading for a 2nd baseman that Mendick will be included in any deal, plus minors talent. 

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I am starting to think if we are trading for a 2nd baseman that Mendick will be included in any deal, plus minors talent. 

We need infield depth though.  Adding Escobar isn’t just about 2B, but his ability to cover SS or 3B if need be.  I’d try to hold onto Mendick so have multiple options.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

We need infield depth though.  Adding Escobar isn’t just about 2B, but his ability to cover SS or 3B if need be.  I’d try to hold onto Mendick so have multiple options.

I think Tim Beckham becomes that backup option since he is raking in AAA

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I think Tim Beckham becomes that backup option since he is raking in AAA

He has a 99 wRC+ for Charlotte, requires a 40 man roster spot, and would have to serve a suspension.  I get he’s been hot as of late, but I hink he’s nothing more than a last ditch insurance policy.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He has a 99 wRC+ for Charlotte, requires a 40 man roster spot, and would have to serve a suspension.  I get he’s been hot as of late, but I hink he’s nothing more than a last ditch insurance policy.

agree he is insurance, but his june numbers are insanely good...and he already served his suspension. 

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

agree he is insurance, but his june numbers are insanely good...and he already served his suspension. 

I believe he still has 32 games left on his original 80 game suspension given this was handed out in August of 2019 and the fact he didn’t play at all last year.

This issue of Beckham's suspension was addressed a couple of days ago, but it still seems to be unclear. Would someone please clarify this?

Does he have to be added to the 40 man roster, and then sit out for 32 games? Does that mean that there would then only be 39 "active" players on the roster. I'm really confused.

Edited by Lillian

In any event, I am not too concerned about Beckham.  

Mendick for Escobar would be disappointing.  That would be a very nice return for AZ for a dude that hasn't been that great last 1.5 seasons and is a FA in 3 months.  

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

It was clarified here?

I was advocating for his call up, to take Mendick's place at second base. However, I was told that he wasn't eligible to play, because he hadn't served his suspension.  That was the "clarification". Now, we are going back and forth again. It would be nice if someone could provide the definitive explanation. Is he eligible? What would be required to make him eligible? 

3 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I was advocating for his call up, to take Mendick's place at second base. However, I was told that he wasn't eligible to play, because he hadn't served his suspension.  That was the "clarification". Now, we are going back and forth again. It would be nice if someone could provide the definitive explanation. Is he eligible? What would be required to make him eligible? 

shoot i didn't mean to stir the pot. I could have sworn this was clarified he was clear. my bad. 

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Some people still don't get this. It's no so much of an issue if you need good fielding and decent fundamentals.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic