soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So your 2022 rotation is:

1. Lance Lynn
  2. Lucas Giolito
  3. Michael Kopech
  4. Dylan Cease
  5. Dallas Keuchel

Skip the shit out of Keuchel next year and then have Crochet replace him in 2023.

Rodon is the best pitcher on the team save for Kopech probably. Would not let Kuechel preclude keeping Rodon. Kuechel is on the downslope 

5 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Rodon is the best pitcher on the team save for Kopech probably. Would not let Kuechel preclude keeping Rodon. Kuechel is on the downslope 

Kinda where I'm at as well. Rodon's injury history is scary, but if there's any chance this is legit moving forward...I want it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I’m sure they’ll see what it will take to bring him and will almost certainly offer him a QO, but he hasn’t exactly been a beacon of health and Scott Boras is his agent.  I seriously doubt him taking a Lynn type deal without fully testing the market, but you never know I guess.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m sure they’ll see what it will take to bring him and will almost certainly offer him a QO, but he hasn’t exactly been a beacon of health and Scott Boras is his agent.  I seriously doubt him taking a Lynn type deal without fully testing the market, but you never know I guess.

Boras won't let him.  He'd have to switch agents I'd guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Boras won't let him.  He'd have to switch agents I'd guess.

Nope, Boros can be convinced, but it's not easy.  He represented Cargo when his contract expired, or was about to, and Cargo really wanted to stay in Colorado, so he told Boros to get the best possible extension, and he did.

16 minutes ago, Quin said:

Kinda where I'm at as well. Rodon's injury history is scary, but if there's any chance this is legit moving forward...I want it.

Kuechel being in the rotation would be a weak factor  for looking away for sure. Top talent left handed starting pitching doesn’t grow on trees The Sox should make a serious effort at minimum. If it is off the table that is a surprise and a downer especially if the team goes to the Series and he does well. 

Edited by Chick Mercedes

I mean, this really makes the Dunning deal a HR. I think the Rangers did fine in the deal too, Lynn didn’t make sense for them in their rebuild…but Lance Lynn was a Top 3 pitcher in the AL in the first half and seemingly took an undermarket extension to stay with the Sox. 

It’s a good day. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I mean, this really makes the Dunning deal a HR. I think the Rangers did fine in the deal too, Lynn didn’t make sense for them in their rebuild…but Lance Lynn was a Top 3 pitcher in the AL in the first half and seemingly took an undermarket extension to stay with the Sox. 

It’s a good day. 

Now I can root for Dunning, who I like, without reservations, so that's cool.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • raBBit unpinned this topic