Berrios Traded to Blue Jays

KrankinSox

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Depends what you mean as future.

The Twins will not be good again for another 4-5 years.  They'll have a long climb to rebuild their pitching. 

I think we'd all prefer our rebuild go the way of the Astros rather than the Cubs.

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

I think we'd all prefer our rebuild go the way of the Astros rather than the Cubs.

I mean people say "Cubs rebuild" like it was a bad thing.  They got a World Series and 4 straight playoff years, and 5 out of 6.  I'd take that.  Sure Houston's run is better, but if we get that kind of return on this rebuild, it will have been worth it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean people say "Cubs rebuild" like it was a bad thing.  They got a World Series and 4 straight playoff years, and 5 out of 6.  I'd take that.  Sure Houston's run is better, but if we get that kind of return on this rebuild, it will have been worth it.

they also say it like it is the only example of a baseball team in the history of the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

they also say it like it is the only example of a baseball team in the history of the world.

And people complain about their trades and pitching development but the truth is, their big hitters flopped in the postseason 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Obviously either scenario is great. I'd take either of those versus say the Phillies since their heyday. They're just two very prominent, recent examples that the Sox are semi-modeled after.

Wonder who is going to pitch for the Twins the rest of the season besides Maeda and if they hold onto him, Pineda. 

Can see Happ DFA’d soon, even though they are desperate for arms. If they trade Buxton your looking at a possible 100 loss team.

Of course, the Sox only have one more series left with them.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Wonder who is going to pitch for the Twins the rest of the season besides Maeda and if they hold onto him, Pineda. 

Can see Happ DFA’d soon, even though they are desperate for arms. If they trade Buxton your looking at a possible 100 loss team.

Just picked up 2 guys in the Cruz trade that will be options. Ober.  Maybe they give Duran a shot, though he'd been bad in AAA.  Jax, Thorpe and Dobnak. 

8 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they have an era over 5 that will beat the Sox lineup.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Padres keep getting shut out of these deals....watch them trade for Harper and Wheeler just so they can trade some of their farm away.

Philly looks like they're buying so don't think that would work. I'm worried they'll give the Twins a haul for Buxton or Kepler

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bmags said:

Well, the Royals window opening end of 2013 and closing with all the injuries in 2016…most KC fans wouldn’t trade it for the world.

More what most would have expected of White Sox. But the division seems to be so wide open other than Detroit mounting a nearer term challenge if they actually go big in FA for position players. Otherwise, they are looking at 2023.