2021 NFL Season Thread

13 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Pace has ruined the future of this organization trading picks away and Nagy is not the guy you want developing Justin Fields.

Clean house and hope that GM can do a hell of a job with the crap he has to inherent. 

We have the same ownership continually hiring terrible GMs, so I really don't think things are going to improve until there's new ownership.

30 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

This OLine is historically bad.  9 sacks.  And it wasn't like they were holding the ball.

This was exactly what I expected the game to be. Told my wife before game started. Browns dline stellar, Fields raw and holds onto ball way too long, and the oline is not good. Add in lack of chipping and that was one of worst offensive performances I ever saw. 

Part is probably on Nagy but a lot of that is on oline and fields. Doesn’t mean anything in long run for Fields but just shows that he has a lot to learn. Let’s see how quick he is at learning and making adjustments. 

Look at Deshaun Watson and his entry into the league. He came into a game after injury, sucked in his first start, than had a coming out party shortly after. Not saying it will be that way for Fields but who knows. 

This browns game was the last place I wanted him making his first start but alas it happened. And Nagy probably is a turd of a head coach despite some positive attributes he is a total bum at actually calling plays and putting his qb in position to suceed. 

47 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Pace has ruined the future of this organization trading picks away and Nagy is not the guy you want developing Justin Fields.

Clean house and hope that GM can do a hell of a job with the crap he has to inherent. 

Trading for Fields was right thing to do. Don’t like Pace for many other reasons but Fields can single-handedly change the destination of this franchise and if he doesn’t a new regime is in charge one or two years from now hitting a true reset. If not - a new regime may still come in but with a ton of hope with a really talented young QB. 

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Trading for Fields was right thing to do. Don’t like Pace for many other reasons but Fields can single-handedly change the destination of this franchise and if he doesn’t a new regime is in charge one or two years from now hitting a true reset. If not - a new regime may still come in but with a ton of hope with a really talented young QB. 

I wasn't talking about Fields.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Too bad his sorry overpaid ass doesn’t do anything to help the stat he presented. Too bad plan A with Jenkins didn’t pan out and plan B isn’t working out. Maybe they’ll have to trade into the first round to get a tackle and mortgage more of the future. It was fine trading up for Fields, I guess, but they do put themselves in a bind for the future.

18 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Unfortunately I feel as if whoever they bring in at GM or Coach will also be failures. The issues with this franchise stem all the way from the ownership and President. 

Yes and even when fans are asked about the replacements for the GM and head coach, they don’t know who they want to hire. Nagy and Pace may not be the guys but damn does this fan base have lazy analysis sometimes.

18 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Too bad his sorry overpaid ass doesn’t do anything to help the stat he presented. Too bad plan A with Jenkins didn’t pan out and plan B isn’t working out. Maybe they’ll have to trade into the first round to get a tackle and mortgage more of the future. It was fine trading up for Fields, I guess, but they do put themselves in a bind for the future.

Yes and even when fans are asked about the replacements for the GM and head coach, they don’t know who they want to hire. Nagy and Pace may not be the guys but damn does this fan base have lazy analysis sometimes.

Fan base was praying for a month that the cute new QB would fix all that was wrong with the offense and offensive personnel.  It's what football fans do.  Dumasses.  If we're lucky, we'll have White Sox baseball to hold our interest for another 5 weeks.  Then count the days until pitchers and catchers report.  Don't waste your time on the Bears.  Get a reading list.  Join a film review group.  Take up a hobby.

• Like 1