9/9 Sox at A's game thread 2:37 first pitch

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

He Collins both have not progressed one bit after being given a opportunity at eh MLB level and actually regressed.

It’s clearly because they had to stop dancing.

When I think of Brett Lawrie, I think of his number one fan.

"I'm positive they won't trade him back some day. That guy's going to be too good. They're never going to want to trade him back" 

Waiting for a SoxTalk poster to post their own self video after Nick Madrigal was traded. :D

19 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

How can the Sox win when six players in the lineup can't hit?

Starling Marte would have looked great in our lineup.  Power, defense, speed.  More valuable than Kimbrel.  Would have put a stop at the horrible outfield carrousel of Goodwin and Vaughn.

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Danny Mendick has become incredibly useless.  It is a shame he has never progressed.

That was an awful at bat.

He Collins both have not progressed one bit after being given a opportunity at eh MLB level and actually regressed.

True. At least it was a good year to find that out, as opposed to being in a tight race.

2 minutes ago, Frankensteiner said:

5-9 is 0-for-10, 7k. Just awful watching this. 

I have tickets for tomorrow and wanted to get a couple more games to end the year but can't imagine paying to watch this team at present.

The flat out punting of the last game of nearly every series the last two months is very annoying. It’s a big reason they’ve lost more series in the 2nd half than they did in the 1st half.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, superchops70 said:

3–1 has never felt more insurmountable. If this team doesn’t score early and often, then they just don’t score all game. 99% chance we have one run at the end of this game.

Not hitting home runs and not playing small ball either is a formula for failure.  Our backups/bench is really bad.  Should have invested some resources in position players not just on relievers.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The flat out punting of the last game of nearly every series the last two months is very annoying. It’s a big reason they’ve lost more series in the 2nd half than they did in the 1st half.

yeah this better work in the long run.. because i cant fucking stand it.

• Like 2