White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time

KnightsOnMintSt

5 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Ohhh I hope so. Sunday night primetime game would be amazing.

One primetime game makes sense. As much as they like to put the Yankees at night, they really can't do that for every game of their series realistically.

Edited by ThirdGen

17 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You'll find out right after tomorrow's game.

I think it’s funny that MLB thinks the outcome of the play-in game matters.  Whether it’s NYY or BOS, the east coast is getting that prime-time night slot.  I’d just like to know how much of the Thursday I’m going to end up missing because of work.  Second year in a row budget season is going to completely fuck me.

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I still don't get how any game involving the Rays would provide more ratings than the Chicago vs Houston Markets,  Yes, even for the Yankees. 

Absolutely no one cares about the Rays.   Chicago + Houston >  Yankees. 

Hmmm not sure. Yankees brand is almost equal to baseball itself to casuals. I do agree though that Chicago+Houston will get primetime over Tampa vs Boston.

When Tampa played Boston in 2013, they got relegated to the day games in the first two games while Oakland and Detroit took the night game. Bit different with a true west coast team but still not convinced as everyone else that Boston would be the night game.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I still don't get how any game involving the Rays would provide more ratings than the Chicago vs Houston Markets,  Yes, even for the Yankees. 

Absolutely no one cares about the Rays.   Chicago + Houston >  Yankees. 

I wonder how much MLB fears casuals being turned off by Houston and ratings will take a hit. NY/BOS are easy ratings

29 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I wonder how much MLB fears casuals being turned off by Houston and ratings will take a hit. NY/BOS are easy ratings

Could work the other way around. Maybe the ratings would increase as a result of the populations dislike for them and wanting to see them lose? 

1 minute ago, Soxsi75 said:

Could work the other way around. Maybe the ratings would increase as a result of the populations dislike for them and wanting to see them lose? 

Hope so, because it's the better matchup no matter who wins the ALWC

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I have to imagine DraftKings has the information and the game is at 6.  Hell, they have the Brewers game at 3 on Friday.  I am sure they know.

What does DK have listed for Friday? 

5 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Ugh.  I have tickets to Dune damnit.  The premiere.  My friend is in it.  And I did this knowing I would suffer.  I had banked on it being an afternoon game.  I'm also attending with an Astros fan.  This could break out in a brawl.

Postseason baseball is the friendship-killer. The little death that brings total obliteration. You must face postseason baseball, and let it pass over you and through you. Where the postseason baseball has gone there will be nothing. Only you will remain.

Besides "Draft Kings,  MLB's own website lists the Sox as the second game the first three games, and the second AL game the final two.

https://www.mlb.com/postseason

MLB and the networks already know the schedules, based on the different wild card scenarios, they just aren't announcing them publicly until Tuesday night (for the AL). Sucks more for Astros (and traveling White Sox) fans attempting to go to the game,

• Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to White Sox-Astros Game 1 3:07 Start Time
  • Quin locked and unlocked this topic
  • Balta1701 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic