ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's amazing how much PR nonsense you gobble up.

The Cubs literally screwed Bryant out of millions of dollars, and you think the Cubs would take a LESSER package to send them somewhere they wanted for a half year. Truly amazing stuff. You are the baseball PR machines wet dream.

I am amazed at the amount of insider information you seem to have to know everything that goes on in all of these front offices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Cubs literally screwed Bryant out of millions of dollars, and you think the Cubs would take a LESSER package to send them somewhere they wanted for a half year. Truly amazing stuff. You are the baseball PR machines wet dream.

Yeah I honestly don't buy it either. It's literally 2 months (3 with playoffs) and then he's a free agent and can go where he wants.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am amazed at the amount of insider information you seem to have to know everything that goes on in all of these front offices.

Insider information? I don't need insider information to know the Cubs royally screwed Bryant out of more money than anyone we know will see in their lifetime. Beat writers and national writers are PR pieces for organization. It's amazing you have not figured that out by now.

The Cubs have been bad mouthed by all three guys after they left. And I can tell you that the only organization in baseball I actually do KNOW people, is the Giants. And I can tell you that there was no love lost there. It's amazing that you think the Cubs would take a lesser package to send a guy somewhere he wanted, when they were breaking it down to rebuild.

I don't know anything that goes on in front offices, the Cubs told you everything you needed to know with the service time exploitation of Bryant and the bad blood between him and the front office. You citing a little PR arm of an organization as factual evidence is exhausting.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Insider information? I don't need insider information to know the Cubs royally screwed Bryant out of more money than anyone we know will see in their lifetime. Beat writers and national writers are PR pieces for organization. It's amazing you have not figured that out by now.

The Cubs have been bad mouthed by all three guys after they left. And I can tell you that the only organization in baseball I actually do KNOW people, is the Giants. And I can tell you that there was no love lost there. It's amazing that you think the Cubs would take a lesser package to send a guy somewhere he wanted, when they were breaking it down to rebuild.

Nope, don't back down now.  You obviously know it all.  I am convinced.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I honestly can't believe anyone believes that the Cubs sent players to places for a lesser of a return out of the kindness of their hearts. If the Sox offered the most for Bryant, he would be here. The Cubs literally fucked Bryant out of millions of dollars for the sake of the franchise but people think they would harm the franchise to trade him where he wanted. Amazing.

Of course not. They took the best offers but teams also don't want players who don't want to be there. This stuff matters at the deadline. 

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What you fail to understand, Ray, is how outstanding of a human being Jed Hoyer is.  What the Cubs did to Bryant was all Theo Epstein.  Hoyer never had anything to do with that.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I like Leury and Adam’s defense over the alternatives.

Houston has Maldonado, but love him behind the plate.

Lucas should be familiar with Grandal at this point, Grandal needs to provide Lucas confidence he will block sharp sliders to allow Lucas to throw with confidence with runners on.

Secondary key would be Conroy behind the plate. Lucas had nine Ks vs. Detroit, but took 105 pitches to get through six, and he had a lower strike percentage than normal despite the 9ks his one Contoy start. Conroy calls balls / walks in the top third of umpires. So really need Lucas to go strong 5-6 minimum today.

If giolito can go 6 today with a lead then bummer, Kimbrel, hendriks better be the next three out to close out. It’s must win time. 

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nope, don't back down now.  You obviously know it all.  I am convinced.

You can get as condescending and nonsensical as you want, your post was flat out clueless. The Cubs didn't give a shit about the players they traded; they didn't give a shit about making Kris Bryant happy. They absolutely didn't take a lesser offer to send him where he wanted to play. It's amazing you buy these stories that are literally produced by an organization as fluff. Bryant hates the Cubs leadership. There is no love lost there at all.

You can get as condescending and nonsensical as you want, your post was flat out clueless. The Cubs didn't give a shit about the players they traded; they didn't give a shit about making Kris Bryant happy. They absolutely didn't take a lesser offer to send him where he wanted to play. It's amazing you buy these stories that are literally produced by an organization as fluff. Bryant hates the Cubs leadership. There is no love lost there at all.

Oh right, because you haven't done that at all in your declarations here of what must be, and the making up the rest of what was being said.  But that's never stopped you before, so why start now.

Tell us more about how all of this went down.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

What you fail to understand, Ray, is how outstanding of a human being Jed Hoyer is.  What the Cubs did to Bryant was all Theo Epstein.  Hoyer never had anything to do with that.

But... but... the organizational mouth pieces like the beat writers whose access relies on ownership and leadership, and the national writers who leak CBA negotiation stories for ownership groups, said the Cubs were super duper nice and really just wanted their guys to be super happy. They underpaid Bryant to teach him a valuable lesson about life. They were doing what was best for Kris!

Oh right, because you haven't done that at all in your declarations here of what must be, and the making up the rest of what was being said.  But that's never stopped you before, so why start now.

He said, he said....take your catfight somewhere else.  and your an Admin? 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Please, explain to us how the PR arm of the organization said it. That must be true!

I never have claimed to have insider access on this board, because who gives a shit and because I don't? But if you want to be some guy spreading baseball ownership PR pieces I'm going to correct you based on information I actually DO have. Kris Bryant hates the Cubs leadership and organization with a passion. The Cubs leaked rumors about trading him for over a year; he hated it. He would ask if they were true and be told nothing to worry about Kris. The Cubs didn't give a shit about Kris Bryant. Please stop spreading propagandist bullshit.

Now onto the game today. That's all I've got to say about this topic.

Go Sox.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/giants/why-kris-bryant-teared-after-being-traded-giants-cubs

"Yeah, I think that's what (Hoyer) told all of us. I'm going to believe him in that that's what he wanted for us," the All-Star third baseman told reporters, according to Maria I. Guardado of MLB.com. "He sent (closer) Craig Kimbrel to the White Sox. His daughter has a heart condition and he doesn't have to move. That's very respectable.

"(Anthony) Rizzo going to (the New York Yankees) and his family being from there. Javy (Baez) going to play with his friend Francisco Lindor. Me going out west to play for such a winning organization and having my family close by. That's a very classy move, I think."

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Please, explain to us how the PR arm of the organization said it. That must be true!

I never have claimed to have insider access on this board, because who gives a shit and because I don't? But if you want to be some guy spreading baseball ownership PR pieces I'm going to correct you based on information I actually DO have. Kris Bryant hates the Cubs leadership and organization with a passion. The Cubs leaked rumors about trading him for over a year; he hated it. He would ask if they were true and be told nothing to worry about Kris. The Cubs didn't give a shit about Kris Bryant. Please stop spreading propagandist bullshit.

Now onto the game today. That's all I've got to say about this topic.

Go Sox.

You are the one stating everything as a fact here.  I even stated that the STORY WAS, not that it absolutely had to happen only the one way you told it.  You were even told that the story was more complex than the simpleton explanation you were raging behind, but that doesn't matter, because it ONLY had to happen exactly the way you stated.

But again, that's par for the course here.  Ray knows it all.

You are the one stating everything as a fact here.  I even stated that the STORY WAS, not that it absolutely had to happen only the one way you told it.  You were even told that the story was more complex than the simpleton explanation you were raging behind, but that doesn't matter, because it ONLY had to happen exactly the way you stated.

But again, that's par for the course here.  Ray knows it all.

give it a rest please....take this discussion to Bleed Cubbie Blue