ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

1 minute ago, pettie4sox said:

Man everyone is on edge.  I'll let you guys in on something as the board's local degen.  The Sox will win today in thumping fashion.

PUT THAT ON THE BOARD!

Ok then.   That's sounds fantastic to me.  

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Amazingly lucky.  That pitch pissed me off so GD much.

Astros hitters suck inside.  They hit our best player in the fucking wrist yesterday.  Pitch those fuckers INSIDE the rest of the series.  Maybe hit a guy or two in the process.  I am sick and fucking tired of our best players getting hit and pitched in our their hands, and the Sox not doing the same.  I am not saying to throw at guys.  I am saying bust those cheaters in on their hands where they're at their worst anyway.  IF one gets away, oh well.  We know the feeling.  Maybe that'll get them to throw out over the plate. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

It's most of the league.

It is hard to lay off good sliders on two strike counts. If it was easy everyone would hit .350. Almost by definition, a good slider starts out looking like a fastball that's a strike.

It's everything between that allows you to succeed as a hitter including taking advantage when you do get a good fastball to hit, taking sliders that aren't quite good enough to fool you, and hammering sliders when they hang over the plate.

If a pitcher is throwing perfect sliders, and getting strike calls an inch or two off the plate (like last night) it will always be exceptionally difficult for the hitter.

As I have heard, we will never see a .400 hitter again because of the invention of the slider.

That understood, and also understood that I am hardly an expert hitter myself, but isn't this an issue of our hitters needing to focus more on going the other way with the pitches instead of defaulting to trying to jack everything and causing them to pull off the ball all the time?