ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

Just now, Moncada said:

Why is Leury even allowed to have a uniform.  

There's pretty much nothing Leury can do to change my mind that he's trash, but he's slightly less trash than Cesar at this point so I have no issues with him playing. The issue is more with the front office putting us in a position where he is forced to play in a playoff game.

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Please, explain to us how the PR arm of the organization said it. That must be true!

I never have claimed to have insider access on this board, because who gives a shit and because I don't? But if you want to be some guy spreading baseball ownership PR pieces I'm going to correct you based on information I actually DO have. Kris Bryant hates the Cubs leadership and organization with a passion. The Cubs leaked rumors about trading him for over a year; he hated it. He would ask if they were true and be told nothing to worry about Kris. The Cubs didn't give a shit about Kris Bryant. Please stop spreading propagandist bullshit.

Now onto the game today. That's all I've got to say about this topic.

Go Sox.

I believe and I am sure you will refute this, the cubs may have taken a lesser offer for Bryant then spun any offer from the Sox  for Kimbrel because the PR on Bryant going to the Sox would have been rough.  Every guy they traded seemed to end up where they wanted especially Baez.  

Kimbrel was never a cub in any regard to the fandom so there was no risk in having him or Tapera ending up on the wrong end of a trade like they could see with Jimenez and Cease.  Kimbrel can save every playoff game and it would not move the cub PR needle, Bryant with a big game certainly can.

You can disagree with my opinion as you certainly do but that is how it plays out logically to me as to why Engel is in right and not Bryant.  Kimbrel was a consolation prize for that trade package and it seems to be beneficial to Kimbrel so it worked out. 

14 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Why is Leury even allowed to have a uniform.  

Because he was a well above average baseball player the last couple months?  That may be a valid reason.  Also, if you forgot, our 2nd basemen got hurt and then traded for pennies on the dollar for a dude that might throw 1 inning this playoffs?  Another reason.  

5 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

you will know if Vaughn is having good at bats after the first 3 pitches he sees.  when he's going good he's swinging at fastballs, when he's going bad he's swinging at sliders in 2 strike counts

Isn’t that most of this team?

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

Speaking of uniforms, will they wear their usual Sunday 1983 jerseys or go Black tops??

Highly doubt they go 83s.

Give me the full home whites. If they’re trying to recreate the blackout game, go all the way with it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

No this is a post regarding today's game not an ego fest between 2 posters. Take it to private messages

to be fair, the conversation ended a page ago and i stopped responding when i said i would and it's now just random people like you bumping it forward that aren't allowing it to die.

i dont disagree this thread should be about the game, so keep it on topic going forward.

let's bash TLR instead.

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

over/under which inning before you throw a temper tantrum and call the game over and refuse to watch? 2nd? 3rd?

dude you're incredible. you've single handedly walked into this thread, took a huge steaming dump, and then when repeatedly asked to clean it up you started throwing it instead.  unfortuently when you reply to me the ignore feature doesn't work properly and I have to look at the fecal matter you call posts.

also, the game was fucking over every time I posted it yesterday. today is a new day but you're still hung up on cubs shit and yesterday, get the fuck out of here.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

to be fair, the conversation ended a page ago and i stopped responding when i said i would and it's now just random people like you bumping it forward that aren't allowing it to die.

i dont disagree this thread should be about the game, so keep it on topic going forward.

let's bash TLR instead.

Now both of these points I fully agree on.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Isn’t that most of this team?

It's most of the league.

It is hard to lay off good sliders on two strike counts. If it was easy everyone would hit .350. Almost by definition, a good slider starts out looking like a fastball that's a strike.

It's everything between that allows you to succeed as a hitter including taking advantage when you do get a good fastball to hit, taking sliders that aren't quite good enough to fool you, and hammering sliders when they hang over the plate.

If a pitcher is throwing perfect sliders, and getting strike calls an inch or two off the plate (like last night) it will always be exceptionally difficult for the hitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

The version of McCullers we saw yesterday is easily a top 10 pitcher in baseball.  He was nasty and had incredible control of his breaking stuff.  He wasn't making mistakes in the zone, at all.  It was an incredibly dominant performance that would have shutdown his own team if he had been somehow facing them.  

Sometimes you just have to tip your cap.  As soon as he was out of the game, the Sox bats looked much better.  On the flipside of that, the moment Lynn left the game, the Astros looked considerably less comfortable in the box.  

This dude is 100% correct. 

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

dude you're incredible. you've single handedly walked into this thread, took a huge steaming dump, and then when repeatedly asked to clean it up you started throwing it instead.  unfortuently when you reply to me the ignore feature doesn't work properly and I have to look at the fecal matter you call posts.

also, the game was fucking over every time I posted it yesterday. today is a new day but you're still hung up on cubs shit and yesterday, get the fuck out of here.

let's work on that emotional maturity today. I know you can do it.

You've been pissing on game threads with nonsense for years. lets relax on throwing those rocks from inside your glass house. We're rooting for the same side today, although sometimes I wonder if you actually like the Sox or just like whining.

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I havent laughed this hard in a long ass time, my god thats gold