ALDS Game 2 - Chicago @ Houston - 1:07pm CDT

Heads22

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Who saw this coming!?  The people concerned about this happening were told all kind of things.  You're over reacting, they have a big lead in the division.  Resting players is more important or see you later is my favorite.  I wish I was wrong but unfortunately this isn't shocking.   

we're just not as talented as them and we also are playing awful fundamental baseball. bad combo.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Fire the entire team into the sun except Katz.

RF defense has been Sox Achilles Heel all season with Goodwin, Leury, Vaughn, Sheets.  Instead of getting a good RF at trade deadline we trade for another expensive reliever who has been a bust.  Hope TLR retires after this season and Hahn gets an early retirement package.  We cannot waste another season in this window..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thad Bosley said:

The key mistake was taking Engel out.  

Why would you forsake his elite defense so Cesar Hernandez could bat for him with nobody on base.  In a game like this you go to the best defense you can late in the hame, not away from it.  

One of the most bizarre decisions I have ever seen.

We obviously have issues to address. RF and 2B for starters. Hopefully we spend $$$ this off-season for starting caliber players. Shame on the front office for rolling with Leury and Engel to start in a post season game.  I hate the AssTros but they are better than us and better managed.  The question is, will TLR be back? 🤔

1 minute ago, Thad Bosley said:

The key mistake was taking Engel out.  

Why would you forsake his elite defense so Cesar Hernandez could bat for him with nobody on base.  In a game like this you go to the best defense you can late in the hame, not away from it.  

Yup. TLR making a fairly meaningless offensive move turned into a huge issue on defense that cost us the game. 

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

RF defense has been Sox Achilles Heel all season with Goodwin, Leury, Vaughn, Sheets.  Instead of getting a good RF at trade deadline we trade for another expensive reliever who has been a bust.  Hope TLR retires after this season and Hahn gets an early retirement package.  We cannot waste another season in this window..

Hahn needs to go on a podcast and let us know what his kids think.  Always exhilarating conversation