RF vs 2B - Where to Invest?

Chicago White Sox

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

He was absolutely horrible against RHP

He's obviously a guy you need to pair with a LH hitting partner, which we don't have, hence why i suggested he's a poor fit for the roster. That said, he is a veteran, does still hit LHP, and last season did show us the importance of OF depth. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He would have been 2nd on the 2021 White Sox in home runs.

So we should just ignore his weak hitting against righties? And he would not have been 2nd if Eloy and Robert didn't get hurt. I mean he is fine as a last ish resort but we need to aim higher. Unless of course we bring in a very good infielder.  

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

So we should just ignore his weak hitting against righties? And he would not have been 2nd if Eloy and Robert didn't get hurt. I mean he is fine as a last ish resort but we need to aim higher. Unless of course we bring in a very good infielder.  

You ignored his > 1.000 OPs against lefties and insisted he “doesn’t hit at all”. If you’re going to be hyperbolic then you can’t get annoyed if people call you out for it. 

6 minutes ago, Bunt Ritual said:

McCutchen is fine if we get some like Semien at 2B.  Stick him in the bottom third of the order and let him walk ~80 times and hit 20-25 bombs.

If we got Semien wouldn't just playing Vaughn, Sheets, or Engel (dealer's choice) be better than getting someone like calhoun or Mccuthchen? I mean get someon good or stay with what we got.

4 minutes ago, kleedawg said:

If we got Semien wouldn't just playing Vaughn, Sheets, or Engel (dealer's choice) be better than getting someone like calhoun or Mccuthchen? I mean get someon good or stay with what we got.

The 2021 season should have been a lesson on the importance of outfield depth.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

agreed.  If they shipped Engle for something, then I'd be fine with McCuthchen as the LHP platoon

No one is trading for Adam Engel, come on. He'll probably be offered an Arb-2 contract, but after last year it's at least not open-and-shut.