Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Yeah, giving 4 years to Conforto doesn't seem so crazy now does it Hahn?

I’ve been main MIA on here and in baseball world at large lately…. Did he actually say this?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Boston and Padres seem like favorites 

I know I saw something about their financials, but I can't believe Boston would get to the ALCS and then seemingly get worse now that they are over $20 million under the tax line.

Just now, hi8is said:

I’ve been main MIA on here and in baseball world at large lately…. Did he actually say this?

Pal said we are unwilling to go to 4 years. Meanwhile Plan B,C and D are now gone. 

The FO and good, thoughtful, realistic planning go together about as well as peanut butter and WD-40.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Preller will wipe his dick across our FOs face again. 

*popcorn*

He does need help not that one of the stars is out for half the season with a non-baseball injury. I wonder how much of the contract was insured? They should be able to put some of that towards another player.

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

So they spent the budget on a couple relievers and a few shitty utility players. Great use of resources right there.

Sure as hell seems that way, along with misjudging the market for Kimbrel

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

He does need help not that one of the stars is out for half the season with a non-baseball injury. I wonder how much of the contract was insured? They should be able to put some of that towards another player.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1503530173483864069?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1503530173483864069|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F10029935-padres-fernando-tatis-jr-reportedly-undergoing-surgery-on-wrist-injury 

then they really need to move either Myers or Hosmer...after realizing their mistake with Frazier and already gifting him to Seattle

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Does this mean they are going to circle back to Conforto now that they are backed into a corner or does this mean you just would have rather had the clown 1B platoon in RF? 

I really don't know. Heard Pederson was making a decision today and feared it was the Sox. I'd rather go with the current platoon than Joc personally. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

That just means they aren't voiding it, not the insurance coverage.

It was a scaphoid fracture? He went 3 months without treatment. There is a good chance that he will lose significant wrist ROM. That is tough to come back from if it's treated immediately. 

This will be an interesting one to watch.

1 minute ago, Pal said:

I really don't know. Heard Pederson was making a decision today and feared it was the Sox. I'd rather go with the current platoon than Joc personally. 

The current platoon contains 2 first basemen and the man of glass.

Although I'll say Vaughn is fine in LF. I'd trust Joc vs righties more than sheets though.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

2 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Thanks Pete.

No worries.

I tried reading through your previous post, and let's just say that I disagree with you.

34 year olds-going-on 35 year olds typically don't get better at baseball, unless they're on the cream and the clear. But since there's PED testing, I doubt that Harrison will ever eclipse 2 fWAR, let alone 1 fWAR before he retires as a White Sox.

Similarly, 34 year old pitchers typically don't magically discover new velo and spin rates. Especially soft-tossers like Keuchel.

And no, it doesn't take much imagination to envision Velasquez doing poorly, because, ya know, bad players like Velasquez typically play poorly.

Taken together, it doesn't take much to see that this team is worse now than it was at last season's end. Meanwhile, other teams have taken steps to improve.

But hey, if you're a beacon of positivity, you do you.