Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And I , for one, would be thrilled if you are right and if I was unequivocally, undeniably wrong.

Sadly, it truly seems like the Sox spent all their FA money.  If I had to guess, the mythical “first call” Hahn made was to the A’s.

50 minutes ago, fathom said:

No doubt 

I think the Sox are good, certainly, but I don't think they are the best team in the AL. They weren't last year, other teams have improved and the Sox have gotten slightly worse. Whether Houston is better depends a lot on Correa and maybe another SP add, but the three AL East teams still seem better imo.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Sure.

And the rest of the baseball world forgot that we don't have Rodon, that we have an AARP candidate at 2B, and that as of right now, the 3rd most fWAR in the OF comes from Leury Garcia.

But just like Pepperidge Farm remembers, so too do we. In a few weeks when Velazquez shits his pants and Harrison is DFA'ed, the rest of baseball will remember.

It's so refreshing that you can see into the future and are able to let us know that every move the White Sox have made is going to turn out terrible.   It's super that coming off a 93 win season with players that have barely scratched their potential you remind us we are doomed because we signed a 2War second baseman.  It's so nice that you let us know that Dallas Keuchel who was a top five Cy Young candidate two years ago is washed up because he was terrible last year, and that Kimbrel who has had a hall of fame career and last year had four of the greatest months ever by a reliever but then finished off with a bad two months is also finished and yet Conforto who was a pretty good player two years ago and a very good player two years before that but was terrible last year is certain of a bounce back and we should sign him for $100 million.  It's great that you can tell us that the same Conforto who was a -1 dWar last year and has had a negative dWar every year of his career will be a great RF and we are screwed if we try Vaughn/Engel combination.  Its super that we hear over and over how cheap we are...until we are a top five payroll...and then you can nimbly switch to...it's not that we are cheap it's that we spend money stupidly.  It's also great that even in the face of the evidence that the teams with the top 6 bullpens last year averaged 95 wins...we are morons for investing in our bullpen.  Some people are half glass full, some are half glass empty...Soxtalk is the glass is half full of poison.      

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

So, I have always stood by Hahn and I know he has some financial restraints put upon him, however I am starting to lose faith.  Over his tenure as GM when we were the aggressor via trades they have been flat out awful.. Samardjiza, Kimbrel, Cesar, Shields, all come to mind.  He has traded away players names Tatis Jr, Semien, Bassitt, Montas, Escobar.  Other than Yaz and Hendriks I'd say our FA signings have been very poor.  He did a heck of a job with the rebuild, however our Championship window is open and our signings to improve the club have consisted of an aging 2B, a utility player, a currently hurt reliever, and a pitcher who should be in AAA.  As of now the plan looks to platoon 2 1st basemen in RF, our SP depth and star power is very shaky and we have star players who constintly get hurt (I know that's out of his control).  I understand there is still some time to adjust the roster and for the better, but I am concerned.  I understand our current payroll being the highest it's ever been, but that's a lot of Hahn's doing with very poor signings. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

It's so refreshing that you can see into the future and are able to let us know that every move the White Sox have made is going to turn out terrible.   It's super that coming off a 93 win season with players that have barely scratched their potential you remind us we are doomed because we signed a 2War second baseman.  It's so nice that you let us know that Dallas Keuchel who was a top five Cy Young candidate two years ago is washed up because he was terrible last year, and that Kimbrel who has had a hall of fame career and last year had four of the greatest months ever by a reliever but then finished off with a bad two months is also finished and yet Conforto who was a pretty good player two years ago and a very good player two years before that but was terrible last year is certain of a bounce back and we should sign him for $100 million.  It's great that you can tell us that the same Conforto who was a -1 dWar last year and has had a negative dWar every year of his career will be a great RF and we are screwed if we try Vaughn/Engel combination.  Its super that we hear over and over how cheap we are...until we are a top five payroll...and then you can nimbly switch to...it's not that we are cheap it's that we spend money stupidly.  It's also great that even in the face of the evidence that the teams with the top 6 bullpens last year averaged 95 wins...we are morons for investing in our bullpen.  Some people are half glass full, some are half glass empty...Soxtalk is the glass is half full of poison.      

I think any fanbase would be perplexed by a player Hahn failed to give the QO to getting 2/44.

I think any fanbase would be perplexed by Hahn picking up Kimbrel's 16 million dollar option.

I think 95% of the members here would have preferred paying Conforto instead of last 20 million + spent.  Until he is signed elsewhere it won't be all sunshine and daisies in any corner of Sox internet.  

Luis Robert, Yoan Moncada and Dylan Cease having upside remaining doens't mean fan(atics) shouldn't be upset with how resources are being used.  

• Like 3