Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

Just now, fathom said:

Rather to Dodgers than Yankees. Olson goes to Braves, maybe Schwarber to Yankees?

True, better the NL beef up than the AL teams.  Olsen to the Braves makes some sense if they lose Freeman.  I’m struggling how Schwarber fits with the Yankees though unless they think they can slide Gallon into CF a ton.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

True, better the NL beef up than the AL teams.  Olsen to the Braves makes some sense if they lose Freeman.  I’m struggling how Schwarber fits with the Yankees though unless they think they can slide Gallon into CF a ton.

Yanks just want some lefty pop and I don’t think Rizzo goes back.  Who knows, maybe this makes Lux more available?   Want to see something insane?

Turner, Betts, Freeman, Muncy, Turner, Smith, Pollock, Bellinger, Taylor

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yanks just want some lefty pop and I don’t think Rizzo goes back.  Who knows, maybe this makes Lux more available?   Want to see something insane?

Turner, Betts, Freeman, Muncy, Turner, Smith, Pollock, Bellinger, Taylor

They've made the most sense to me as a Kimbrel destination since before the trade deadline last year. They also have enough farm system depth (or money) to acquire another high end SP.

They'll be the best team in baseball, on paper, again next year.

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Gotta love how the other teams seem to get it done but the Sox sit back and watch…

Boras takes time unfortunately.  I’m still maintaining my prediction of Tepera for 2/$10M before midnight.  That allows us to pull the trigger on a Kimbrel tomorrow (I still think the Phillies makes the most sense as a trade partner).  Once Craig’s salary is off the books, hopefully we can finalize a deal for Conforto and then eventually address the rotation & 2B.  I feel like the bulk of moves for all teams will be completed a week from Sunday.

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Jack, this is a family friendly website.

I didn't know I was going to have to explain it. I thought it was understood. Thanks, Nintendo....

Ever since the swear filter broke, I'm not sure we can say that anymore btw. lol. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I didn't know I was going to have to explain it. I thought it was understood. Thanks, Nintendo....

It's this old man's fault...I'm not up on the lingo...I'll try to do better.

The Sox really don’t have that many positions to fill if you think about it. You have the whole infield taken care except for 2nd base, you have the whole outfield pretty much taken care of except for RF but you got to hope that one of Colas or Cespedes is really good so all they really need to concentrate on is pitching. There are injuries but that’s not going to happen every year. 

Edited by maloney.adam