Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Cruise out of Miami and it departs in about 20 hours, so basically it’s drive for 14 hours or lose out on the price of the cruise.

I’m taking a cruise out of Miami a week from tomorrow. Sounds like we have a similar trip planned, but I’m one week behind you. Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

My Cubs fan friends are not too happy right now, haha

At least they didn't get roped along all off-season only to get Manny Machado's friends and relatives. It could be a lot worse. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

I'd be surprised if the Sox sign Conforto now.  All lockout my concern has been pitching depth, and that's what Hahn said too.  You can get by with some amalgam of Vaughn, Sheets, Engel, Romy Gonzalez (with maybe Cespedes or even Colas later) in rf and Leury, Mendick, Romy Gonzalez (with maybe Yolbert Sanchez or even Popeye later) at second, but when the entirety of your pitching depth is Reynaldo, Lambert, and... I don't know... Bilous?... you better get some arms.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

They signed him for four million dollars. Don't think Simmons was signed as a starter here.

Are they planning to play Hoerner in the OF then? Shouldn't Madrigal be back too at the start of the season? I don't think they're getting Correa. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thanks man!  And I’m definitely paying for that Wi Fi, just got to hope the Sox deliver now!

IIRC, the wi-fi on the cruises are ass. At least that was the case 3 years ago when I went. Could be different now, but who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I'd be surprised if the Sox sign Conforto now.  All lockout my concern has been pitching depth, and that's what Hahn said too.  You can get by with some amalgam of Vaughn, Sheets, Engel, Romy Gonzalez (with maybe Cespedes or even Colas later) in rf and Leury, Mendick, Romy Gonzalez (with maybe Yolbert Sanchez or even Popeye later) at second, but when the entirety of your pitching depth is Reynaldo, Lambert, and... I don't know... Bilous?... you better get some arms.

typical Sox strategy, throw a bunch of unknowns at the problem and then throw their hands up like they can't figure out why they got bounced out of another 1st rd playoff series

edit: not saying Conforto is the answer, just to be clear

Edited by joesaiditstrue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He just can’t hit

Definitely cannot hit.  But assuming we signed a real RF, and I will continue to assume that until they don't, I can live with a no bat 2B if he's a great defender.  We need more good defenders. 

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

In all honesty we need both.  Those need to be the two focus areas.

39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who is replacing Keuchel when they release him after 20 starts?

Figure that out in July.  Options would include whatever scrap heap SP they sign in the next 3 weeks.  Or Lopez. Or Stiever. Or Lambert.  Or Crochet.  Or someone else who has a big couple months in the minors.  This is our 5th SP we're talking about. 

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Are they planning to play Hoerner in the OF then? Shouldn't Madrigal be back too at the start of the season? I don't think they're getting Correa. 

My buddy is friends with a member of the Cubs’ front office and he’s telling me Simmons is an insurance policy in case Hoerner can’t stick at SS, which they’re concerned about.  I think Correa is off the table.

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

There were no handshake deals on the QO. Idk where that is coming from. 

From people who have been carrying buckets for the FO since the QO wasn't offered. There just had to be a good reason because the Sox FO, after all, had more info than we did. All those people who thought he was injured not just tired.