Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

20 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Going into last year? wrong. Don't forget Rodon was a scrub. Now I would agree that this team is worse than the team that FINSIHED last year (at this time)

Major regression for Dallas and the BP (half the bullpen arms aren’t even on the roster now compared to going into last year). Kopech is still a huge question mark and Reynaldo is as well. Madrigal to Leury I guess is a wash, but the black hole in RF still remains. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They will add but it will probably be stopgap guys like Eaton was last year. 

They will likely have to eat like $10M of Kimbrel's contract to move it. Nobody's buying his performance with the Cubs last year. 

Lol…they will not have to eat $10M to move Kimbrel.  And everyone was buying his performance with the Cubs last year including the best two organizations in baseball.

2 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Major regression for Dallas and the BP (half the bullpen arms aren’t even on the roster now compared to going into last year). Kopech is still a huge question mark and Reynaldo is as well. Madrigal to Leury I guess is a wash, but the black hole in RF still remains. 

ahhh forgot about Madrigal(I expected massive regression from Keuchel).

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol…they will not have to eat $10M to move Kimbrel.  And everyone was buying his performance with the Cubs last year including the best two organizations in baseball.

Yeah they wouldn't have even picked up the option if they had to eat that much.

12 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

This is going to be interesting. His case was thrown out, so TECHNICALLY he did nothing wrong. But that's a lot of baggage to bring on for any team. Not only is he a PR headache, but he's got a shaky clubhouse reputation. 

He can pitch though. That's a fact. 

My guess based on precedents and the fact that no charges were filed is that he'll get a month suspension, appeal it to an arbitrator, and it will be upheld.

Open question will be whether he makes an a** of himself on Twitter complaining about it.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My flight to Miami got canceled, so now I’m making the 14 hour drive from Nashville.  If the Sox don’t sign someone by the time I get there god help us all.

Sorry dude that sucks. Shouldn't the airline put you on the next flight? 14 hr drive is brutal

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

At this point this team on paper is worse than the team on paper we had going into last year. They better make moves. 

I agree 100% that we better make some moves (and I think we will). But I’m not so sure our team on paper right now is worse than our on team on paper going into last year. On paper, Kopech looks so much better than Rodon did for the last rotation spot. Cease looks better going into this year, but Keuchel looked better going into last year. And I like Vaughn on paper going into this year much better than I liked him going into last year (and I was even higher on him than most). 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Sorry dude that sucks. Shouldn't the airline put you on the next flight? 14 hr drive is brutal

Thanks man.  Southwest didn’t even email us which is real shitty.  Now, if the Sox were to sign Conforto soon and my wife drives for 14 hours straight it might just be worth it.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My flight to Miami got canceled, so now I’m making the 14 hour drive from Nashville.  If the Sox don’t sign someone by the time I get there god help us all.

Spring break in Miami? Or taking a cruise out of Miami?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Cruise out of Miami and it departs in about 20 hours, so basically it’s drive for 14 hours or lose out on the price of the cruise.

Have fun. I hope you don't have to pay for wifi on the cruise to see what the Sox do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rowand44 said:

Carlos is seriously one of the biggest wild cards in baseball next year.  I can’t understand getting that angry over him right now.  

Every year there are tons of injury wild cards. The Sox are loaded with them as are most every team. I don't see an angry tone except to say ,did the Sox FO really do what was best for the team ? Why give up a draft choice ? Even if you weren't sure a comp pick would exist next year  you have to assume it would be. You don't just throw away high draft picks. Never give the Sox FO the benefit of the doubt on making the right moves even if it seems like a no brainer.