GT 4/16: Rays at Sox, 1:10 CT

1 minute ago, Chris Sale said:

Great AB Reese lol…

His defense alone is worth 5X as much as Collins to this team.

Vaughn with the double against the righty and wiped out by tough lefty. Nobody can hit this guy so far, though.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Vaughn with the double against the righty and wiped out by tough lefty. Nobody can hit this guy so far, though.

Tim has something to say about that

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

I agree with this for what it’s worth. He calls a good game. Wouldn’t have minded him working the count a bit more - but I understand we aren’t playing him for his offense

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

A bit iffy control to start, but he dominated his last 3 innings. 

Harrison and Anderson didn't help him out much in that first inning.

Off speed stuff much more effective, more curves and his velocity increased to 97 touching 98 as the game went on.  Didn't look to be under any duress...calm and poised as a cucumber with a man bun can possibly be.

• Like 1

I agree with this for what it’s worth. He calls a good game. Wouldn’t have minded him working the count a bit more - but I understand we aren’t playing him for his offense

It's early but it's easy to believe we'll be looking back at that trade and calling it the key to the season. 

He just needs a 625-650 OPS and that won't be hard if you look at the back of his baseball card.

Just now, Texsox said:

It's early but it's easy to believe we'll be looking back at that trade and calling it the key to the season. 

Changes of scenery can often work wonders.  Matt Thornton and Jenks immediately come to mind...kind of like a career reset.  

• Like 1

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I get not wanting to pitch Graveman 4 times in 5 days, but man, this team needs another high leverage lefty

How many teams go two deep with Top Ten caliber lefties?  I suppose we could have attempted to entice Andrew Miller out of retirement...