4/20 game thread Sox at CLE

Just now, wegner said:

Wasn't there a game that Mark gave up like 7 runs in the 1st inning, stayed in the game and the Sox came back to give him the W??

I remember listening to that game on the radio. I believe it was the Twins. IRRC he ended up pitching into the 7th inning and got the W. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

I remember a game a few years back when Mark Buerhle pitched against Oakland and they scored 19 runs. It happens and I just hope Dallas K isn’t injured or something 

My god, the excuses in this thread for Dallas. That “something” is the inability to pitch an efffective game unless everything goes right. 

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Wasn't there a game that Mark gave up like 7 runs in the 1st inning, stayed in the game and the Sox came back to give him the W??

Wasn't that opening day in Cleveland in 08?

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

My god, the excuses in this thread for Dallas. That “something” is the inability to pitch an efffective game unless everything goes right. 

Nope, sorry. It is the shoddy defense that made DK throw 77-85 mph meatballs.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I remember when Bartolo Colon gave up like 7 in the first inning. And then the Sox lost 20 to 1.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Grinder said:

Well we all knew DK would start the season strong but fizzle as the year progressed....

Little did you know that the strong start would only last 1 start. 

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Him missing time would definitely help him from reaching the innings he needs for the option to vest but yeah, right now with other guys out is not the time.

I don’t care if the entire starting rotation is unavailable. Under no circumstances should Dallas be allowed to reach the innings. Every opportunity to limit his total is truly a win

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Like 2

• knightni changed the title to 4/20 game thread Sox at CLE - Sox getting smoked?
15 minutes ago, Tony said:

If the same inning happened to Gio or Cease, that holds more water to me. 

With Dallas.....it continues to show how badly his stuff has deteriorated to a point where this just isn't going to work anymore....but we're going to find out because you're right...he's going to get more starts. 

Can we try Johnny Cueto?  Can’t be much worse than DK.

3 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Well we all knew DK would start the season strong but fizzle as the year progressed....

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Banks has been a pen saver so far in this one.