4/20 game thread Sox at CLE

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Why would any sane person continue watching?

For the last two years, we've heard how often how our brilliant front office almost acquired Burnes...who just happens to be the best pitcher in baseball with deGrom out.

Heck, we could have had another Top Ten guy in Rodon...who was our own product.

Hahn simply sucks compared to the Indians' and Brewers' front offices.

200.gif

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

This.  Keeping concentration and focus over that has to be nearly impossible.

If the same inning happened to Gio or Cease, that holds more water to me. 

With Dallas.....it continues to show how badly his stuff has deteriorated to a point where this just isn't going to work anymore....but we're going to find out because you're right...he's going to get more starts. 

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I know this team has had injuries, but I said it on Opening Day when the Sox tweeted out the roster. 

Far too many names on that list that just are not very good at baseball and they populate a roster that is supposed to have World Series hopes. 

And how many expressed concern throughout the entirety of the off season?

This team still should win 90 in one of the two weakest divisions in baseball...barring another pitching injury...but it's hard to still call this team elite with a straight face.

6 minutes ago, JoeC said:

...and you think this is outside of his normal sucktitude?

Point is, he has a 50/50 chance to keep us in the game if our bats are alive and if our defense doesn't shit the bed.

Our defense shat the bed and went to a god damn toga party in the sheets. He sucked his normal self, but the 5 extra runs are on the defense.

Keuchel was still charged with 8 earned runs with the big gopher ball to Ramirez.  No matter what, he sucked.  TA7 did not help him either.

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Keuchel was still charged with 8 earned runs with the big gopher ball to Ramirez.  No matter what, he sucked.  TA7 did not help him either.

Again, what is it about this performance today that was unexpected out of Keuchel? Maybe others have higher standards for him.

Just making a point that under his normal level of sucktitude he's still in the game, probably down 5-0 or something.

Today he gets us through 1 inning out of 18 on the day.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

If the same inning happened to Gio or Cease, that holds more water to me. 

With Dallas.....it continues to show how badly his stuff has deteriorated to a point where this just isn't going to work anymore....but we're going to find out because you're right...he's going to get more starts. 

DK is more suitable to pitch batting practice nowadays.

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

Again, what is it about this performance today that was unexpected out of Keuchel? Maybe others have higher standards for him.

Just making a point that under his normal level of sucktitude he's still in the game, probably down 5-0 or something.

Today he gets us through 1 inning out of 18 on the day.

I remember a game a few years back when Mark Buerhle pitched against Oakland and they scored 19 runs. It happens and I just hope Dallas K isn’t injured or something 

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

I know this team has had injuries, but I said it on Opening Day when the Sox tweeted out the roster. 

Far too many names on that list that just are not very good at baseball and they populate a roster that is supposed to have World Series hopes. 

And the frustrating thing is a lot of the issues are the holes everyone knew existed, but Hahn failed miserably to help out.  Bad outfield defense, can’t hit RHP and no pitching depth.

10 minutes ago, Tony said:

And the frustrating thing is a lot of the issues are the holes everyone knew existed, but Hahn failed miserably to help out.  Bad outfield defense, can’t hit RHP and no pitching depth.

9 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

So, you're saying it is a perfect game for DK: he gets to blame everyone else, as he is oft to do regardless. Except, in all actuality, he was just as ass today, if not ass-ier.

Sure.  DK is taking pointers for who to blame from Soxtalk.

Just now, elrockinMT said:

I remember a game a few years back when Mark Buerhle pitched against Oakland and they scored 19 runs. It happens and I just hope Dallas K isn’t injured or something 

Wasn't there a game that Mark gave up like 7 runs in the 1st inning, stayed in the game and the Sox came back to give him the W??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Him missing time would definitely help him from reaching the innings he needs for the option to vest but yeah, right now with other guys out is not the time.

• knightni changed the title to 4/20 game thread Sox at CLE - Sox getting smoked?