4/20 game thread Sox at CLE

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm old. I've watched a lot of baseball. I'm watching this one via the box score and I'm not sure I've ever seen 5 errors committed in two innings.

I feel like the Cleveland score keeper felt bad for Keuchel and designated the bouncer that got by Abreu as an error as opposed to a hit. It really could have gone either way. 

Edited by chw42

2 minutes ago, Baron said:

His pitches are getting absolutely smoked. Fine we beat on the players for errors but come on. 

Yeah he was at his normal level of sucktitude. He was even inducing ground ball should-have-been outs.

Just now, fathom said:

The box score truly doesn’t do it justice 

These were routine ass plays just about any MLer would have made. If we thought Leury's yips were bad last week, TA managed to out-do him. 

• Like 1

Yes the defense was beyond awful but anyone can see that DK has nothing left. And it isn't just this performance we all knew he was finished way before this. Sox need to stop thinking he is somehow going to come around and keep starting him. I understand they owe him a crap load of money yet and don't want to just eat that but stick him in the bullpen then. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Adding insult to injury, Burnes and Woodruff lights out these last two days...otoh, Wheeler suddenly looks terrible again and was hurting in the preseason.

Woodruff with a no no against Pirates right now, pretty decent odds except pitch count early in the season.

…Ok…

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

Yeah he was at his normal level of sucktitude. He was even inducing ground ball should-have-been outs.

Eh the string of 7 hits was still something to behold. Only a couple of those could have been outs with defenders moved around.

Just now, chw42 said:

These were routine ass plays just about any MLer would have made. If we thought Leury's yips were bad last week, TA managed to out-do him. 

And the poor plays that were given hits or just bad decisions (missing cutoffs, mistiming jumps, etc)

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Adding insult to injury, Burnes and Woodruff lights out these last two days...otoh, Wheeler suddenly looks terrible again and was hurting in the preseason.

Woodruff with a no no against Pirates right now, pretty decent odds except pitch count early in the season.

Alex, what is a non sequitur?

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Idk if I would assume that. Danks was owed near $16 mill his final season and was released mid-May.

Even the Bumgarner deal suddenly looks quite inviting for a contender.

Keuchel was pretty much the last big name out there after many months and Hahn still bit down on the bait.

Caveat emptor.

• knightni changed the title to 4/20 game thread Sox at CLE - Sox getting smoked?