GT 4/22: SOX @ Twins, 7:10 PM CT, NBCSC

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Just got home from the game. Not sure how you let McGuire bat there. 

You'll not be surprised to hear that's a fairly common sentiment.  Although Ozzie in the post game thought Grandal should've hit for CheeseBurger as he called Jake.

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Next year?

They may blow out their arms...

What the fuck is the point of your post?

Maybe try to take stock and enjoy the one part of the team that is actually rolling right now?  Cease and Kopech have both looked incredible.

1 minute ago, soulfly said:

Man, I'd kill to have Ozzie back at the helm.  And that's saying something.  Something like TLR is an absolute joke.

I would pay half my salary for the rest of the year to the white sox if Ozzie replaced TLR. And thats coming from a guy who was OK with the TLR hire initially. 

2 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Man, I'd kill to have Ozzie back at the helm.  And that's saying something.  Something like TLR is an absolute joke.

Man I miss Ricky. At least the FO could reign him in. TLR does whatever he wants.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

You'll not be surprised to hear that's a fairly common sentiment.  Although Ozzie in the post game thought Grandal should've hit for CheeseBurger as he called Jake.

Grandal has been not been good yet this year, but he’s a professional hitter and McGuire is a defensive catcher. It makes no sense. It’s like Tony wants to lose. They should fire his ass tonight. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

Maybe try to take stock and enjoy the one part of the team that is actually rolling right now?  Cease and Kopech have both looked incredible.

Emotional posters losing sight of the big picture. If Cease and Kopech pitch like #1s all season and into October, this team is considerably better prepared for postseason play than they were last year. The bats will come around.

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

I would pay half my salary for the rest of the year to the white sox if Ozzie replaced TLR. And thats coming from a guy who was OK with the TLR hire initially. 

Give the office a call on Monday...

jerry.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

I think if TLR doesn’t right the ship and manage them into the playoffs, he will be gone next year. He won’t be fired but he will be given the option to retire. 

If we're .500 by the trade deadline, I bet he's gone. 

I think if TLR doesn’t right the ship and manage them into the playoffs, he will be gone next year. He won’t be fired but he will be given the option to retire. 

And if he doesn't take it?  I think it's been made pretty clear he is in until he wants to leave at this point.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I would still imagine that Hahn takes the fall.

I'd find it hard to believe that they'd fire the GM mid-season before they need to make trades at the deadline. If the team is still struggling or not playing up to their potential, I can see TLR thinking he's too old for this shit and calling it quits. 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

If we're .500 by the trade deadline, I bet he's gone. 

Mid season? No chance. If this organization had any balls they’d see what everyone else here sees and fire his ass tonight. Tony is driving this ship straight into the iceberg. 

Do you think if Renteria was still the manager, they wouldn’t be this bad this year?

Renteria won't make them hit any better, but I honestly feel like there's something going on in the clubhouse affecting the team. Ricky had his faults and he wouldn't be my choice to lead this team, but I think I'd take just about anyone over TLR at this point. For someone who is supposed to manage the clubhouse well and have his players ready to play, he's failing at both of those aspects right now. Throw in the weird infatuation with hitting Leury in the 2 and 3 spot and it's just too much for me. 

• Thanks 1