GAMETHREAD 4/27/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Greinke vs Cease) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

We should be seeing Vaughn at 1B, Abreu at DH, let the kid get used to his position again. And Sheets/Abreu can rotate 1b/DH, until Abreu heats up (if he does).

But of course, you can't do such a thing to a veteran!

• Thanks 1

So, we had the ridiculous conversation about having either Moncada or Burger play 2B when Moncada is back.

Now that Eloy is out for a while, would either of them be better than Vaughn in LF? Vaughn really needs to be primarily a 1B/DH and in LF only sparingly.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

I’m on the list of a few people who wanted to do the bolded. But I also realize it takes more than just Sheets to get Montas.

Then there was another list of people who seemed to be okay with not replacing Rodon with an established major league arm (and not just Kopech) and the depth on this club. That list should be kept too.

Kopech is the Rodon replacement. He's been almost as good. 

They adequately replaced Rodon. They did not adequately replace their 5th starter. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

After listening to nearly every game the past two years,  I backed off this season, the 7th was only the 4th inning I listened to this year, with 1 1/2 to go today.

Nice to see Vaughn come through big. He's always been one of my favorite White Sox players, and beyond Robert and perhaps Kopech, the only untouchable on this roster, IMO. His willingness to be plopped into the two corners with literally a couple days of prep last year should be commended. He is not a great defensive OF, but an upgrade over Eloy and can physically play there without significant injury risk. Would like Eloy to shift to 1B/DH.

Sox should hang on for a much needed victory!

Edited by South Side Hit Men

Just now, Capn12 said:

We should be seeing Vaughn at 1B, Abreu at DH, let the kid get used to his position again. And Sheets/Abreu can rotate 1b/DH, until Abreu heats up (if he does).

Yas still needs a decent amount of time at DH as well 

Just now, Capn12 said:

At some point, Abreu needs to realize he's not producing shit and until he does he shouldn't be taking away from people who are.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He's past his prime but will continue to be played at 1B every day due to "respect" at the cost of playing time for young players like Vaughn and Sheets or forcing them to play out of position.

I like Abreu but he should not be treated  like he's still at the top of his game.

2 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Exactly.

1 minute ago, pettie4sox said:

At some point, Abreu needs to realize he's not producing shit and until he does he shouldn't be taking away from people who are.

but his xWOBA and xSLG!

Both Vaughn and Sheets have been better than Abreu so far. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He's past his prime but will continue to be played at 1B every day due to "respect" at the cost of playing time for young players like Vaughn and Sheets or forcing them to play out of position.

I like Abreu but he should not be treated  like he's still at the top of his game.

He's a notoriously slow starter.  Like I agree, he's a bit past his prime but he also won an MVP two years ago but I also think he's still good for a .270 average with 30 home runs and 100 RBI.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

Where is @ron883 to give us his annual April Abreu meltdown thread so he can get hot again?

Come on man, take one for the team.

• Like 1