Vaughn/Burger could see 2B

southsider2k5

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I can live with Harrison sucking offensively because they need someone reliable at 2B. 

He seems to be injured as well with as little as he has been playing.  I think it was a back issue. But I do agree his defense there is the better choice 

Just now, FoxForce2 said:

Andrew Vaughn playing second base...
I'm trying to let that sink in. To wrap my mind around the image. I'm trying - I really am.

Didn't he do it in a game last year? Or was he just practicing there?

Look, I can  handle him in LF, because kept simple, there isn't a lot of a chance for injury.  But putting him in around the pivot at 2B just seems like an awful idea.  I haven't seen anything that tells me he could handle the footwork enough to not get rolled at 2nd.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Didn't he do it in a game last year? Or was he just practicing there?

I don't know. This is absurd. Maybe we'll see Maddon put Trout at 2B for the Angels this weekend. He's a really good athlete y'know.

Edited by FoxForce2

Ok agreed, putting players out of position is not a good idea. What makes more sense and this was discussed earlier on this board, is put Moncada at 2nd when he comes back and keep Burger at 3rd. That is a position Moncada played for us and the position the Sox expected him to play when they traded for him in the Chris Sale trade. Moncada isn't going to be that much worse than Garcia at 2nd defensively, but a ton better offensively that Garcia. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Kids Can Play said:

Ok agreed, putting players out of position is not a good idea. What makes more sense and this was discussed earlier on this board, is put Moncada at 2nd when he comes back and keep Burger at 3rd. That is a position Moncada played for us and the position the Sox expected him to play when they traded for him in the Chris Sale trade. Moncada isn't going to be that much worse than Garcia at 2nd defensively, but a ton better offensively that Garcia. 

In general I am against Moncada going back to 2B because I don't want to see two defensive positions weakened at one time, but Moncada at 2B is a WAY better idea than Vaughn there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

I don't know. This is absurd. Maybe we'll see Maddon put Trout at 2B for the Angels this weekend. He's a really good athlete y'know.

Even that makes more sense than Vaughn at second...albeit not sure if insurance on his contract would cover it.

Edited by caulfield12