Dallas Keuchel DFA

SoxFanForever

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sure feels like it.  I figured it would be when Lynn came back at the earliest, and they flushed him without needing a pitcher.  That is telling to me.

Yes very telling! Might just show a little to the fans and players that the owner/front office actually give a shit! Hopefully more of these big moves in the future!

24 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Finally happened, thank God.

But celebrating is acknowledging another link in the long chain for Rick Hahn's failures as GM. 

He's probably doing the same eat pie shit come next season for Grandal.

Rick Hahn should have been fired today along with Dallas Keuchel. 

This isn't a performance based organization.   You forget who the owner is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

That's a pretty good rotation, hope they perform up to expectations but they're going to need help from the offense.

This isn't the 50's and 60's when the Sox won on pitching and defense. 

When is Lynn coming back?  In the meantime we need VV starting.

7 minutes ago, Highland said:

Hopefully, this is a sign that FO realize that changes need to be made, and that they can't wait. Getting two innings out of Keuchel every five days wasn't cutting it.

We were practically punting 20% of our games with DK starting. That is over 30 games per season equivalent..  No team can overcome that.

• Like 1

So that makes it 2 years in a row now where we've eaten a considerable amount of money to DFA someone mid-season. I think we still owe Keuchel around $12 million the rest of the year. Hahn is so good at wasting money lol. 

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

So that makes it 2 years in a row now where we've eaten a considerable amount of money to DFA someone mid-season. I think we still owe Keuchel around $12 million the rest of the year. Hahn is so good at wasting money lol. 

Pretty sure they have to come up with that money more quickly than the regular salary schedule…someone could confirm.

6 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yes and you got to think sooner or later Jerry's got to say hey you're costing me a lot of money and we're not getting better.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

The playoffs his first year is the spot where I was done with the 3 year deal...suffering through the last season and 1/3 sucked

Yep  he shit the bed when we had a 1-0 lead in the series after Giolito's gem.  We brought him in partially for his playoff experience.... then he sucked against the Athletics and was left off the playoff roster last year.