6/11 White Sox vs Texas Rangers, 1:10

flavum

2 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Yoan's defense at 3B is excellent.  But his defense at 3B does not warrant him starting there and forcing Jake Burger to play a position he has never played before.  I would bet Burger at 3B and Moncada at 2B would give the team better defense over all than Moncada at 3B and Burger at 2B.

You don't think Burger is athletic enough to make the switch? I think he would be much better at 2nd than Moncada. 

• Haha 1

Just now, fathom said:

I think he just has a shorter shelf life as a stud due to his arm action 

I would agree until having COVID. Now I'm at least open to the idea he's not back to 100%

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

On this team this year, Burger DH and Yoan playing third makes a lot of sense. Going into the future, Moncada makes too much money to play third base just as a glove. A team can put a cheap glove at third all day long. Jake on a rookie deal at third base makes a lot of sense if he is for real.

The way Yoan has (or hasn't) been hitting, it doesn't make sense for this team to have him at 3B when you already have a black hole hitting at 2B.  Plus moving Burger to DH forces Vaughn to the OF where his defense is lacking and also forces Pollock or Engel to the bench.  It also stunts Burger's defensive development at 3B.

Face it, for whatever reason Yoan has (or should have) lost his starting 3B job and should have to earn it back.  Maybe an unforseen and unfortunate injury, or Burger turning out to be a flash in the pan will allow him back into the starting job at 3B but right now it's either 2B or the bench for him if he remains on the 26 man roster.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I think he just has a shorter shelf life as a stud due to his arm action 

Well, his velo short arming has gone from 94-97, touching 98 down to low 90’s.

It creates more deception, but not close to 2019-20 form.  Especially first half 2019.

That said, he would have been 15 times had he reached double figures strikeouts.   Tied for third with Juan Pizarro in Sox history.  Sale with the all time Sox lead in double digit K efforts.