Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

8 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It's a team underperforming at 3 games under .500.  This team was suppose to be 10+ games over by now.  LaRussa is not that 13-15 game swing.

Assuming we are still shooting for the same end goal of contending for a World Series.

My point is firing LaRussa (which they should anyway) is like putting a bandaid on the Titanic.  

Aside from in-game managing, LaRussa has input on coaching staff decisions, personnel decisions and training staff decisions. They've failed in all four areas. Some of those things can't be fixed mid-season, but firing LaRussa sends a message to the players that they're going to get a better effort from the organization next offseason.

• Like 3

I look at all the things that need to be fixed and I see one that is 100% under someone's full control. That's ending Tony's managerial career. 

No other change is guaranteed. But I think there is a better chance of improving lineups and better in game decisions after the first domino falls. 

I take no delight in seeing his career ending. I was a supporter going into this year. I believe we have some serious player issues that collectively are a bigger problem. But again this is the only change that is within someone's complete control. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It's a team underperforming at 3 games under .500.  This team was suppose to be 10+ games over by now.  LaRussa is not that 13-15 game swing.

Assuming we are still shooting for the same end goal of contending for a World Series.

My point is firing LaRussa (which they should anyway) is like putting a bandaid on the Titanic.  

Theses things aren’t mutually exclusive though.  The players can underperform and our manager can suck balls and ultimately both cost us games.  I feel pretty strongly that we’d have claim to the 7th playoff spot right now under any other competent manager.  Tony himself has literally cost us multiple games with his shitty in-game decision-making alone and god only knows what the true impact of his lifeless leadership style.  Firing him won’t fix everything, the players clearly need to be better, but it 100% improves our chances of winning on a game to game basis and could inject some much needed life into a team hanging on by the tiniest of threads.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

but firing LaRussa sends a message to the players 

If they really need a message how about sending the players a message their careers are on the line. No more sweet contracts after fielding,  hitting, and playing like they are. 

Encapsulating everything, I find it really hard to argue he's given the Sox any sort of edge that a replacement level manager couldn't have. 

He's brought plenty of negative press to the Sox, but it's hard to argue he's accomplished more than Renteria or another generic manager could have without bringing the team negative press all the time.

33 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

6jfgm7.jpg

6jfgsk.jpg

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Theses things aren’t mutually exclusive though.  The players can underperform and our manager can suck balls and ultimately both cost us games.  I feel pretty strongly that we’d have claim to the 7th playoff spot right now under any other competent manager.  Tony himself has literally cost us multiple games with his shitty in-game decision-making alone and god only knows what the true impact of his lifeless leadership style.  Firing him won’t fix everything, the players clearly need to be better, but it 100% improves our chances of winning on a game to game basis and could inject some much needed life into a team hanging on by the tiniest of threads.

I'm surely alone on this. But I'm going to add, that getting rid of La Russa removes his bad influence on roster decisions as well. I'm convinced La Russa is the root of the Sox loading up their money on relief pitchers and utility infielders instead of bonified impact major leaguers. Him running his mouth to the media on a few occasions sort of gives it away that he is the root to some of these bad decisions.

• Like 3

Fire Tony! 

TLR is making a mockery of this Sox organization with his ignorant and horrible managerial decisions on lineups and bullpen use.

He has drained the energy from this once exciting and dynamic team. 

If this demented and overly arrogant manager had any common decency and pride, he would resign and not continue to be ridiculed nationally by all sports networks and more importantly, continuing to derailing this talented championship contender. 

FIRE TONY AGAIN ASAP!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

I'm surely alone on this. But I'm going to add, that getting rid of La Russa removes his bad influence on roster decisions as well. I'm convinced La Russa is the root of the Sox loading up their money on relief pitchers and utility infielders instead of bonified impact major leaguers. Him running his mouth to the media on a few occasions sort of gives it away that he is the root to some of these bad decisions.

Yeah, I don’t want to give Hahn a free pass, but La Russa definitely influenced certain roster decisions.  And as was evident with the Mark Kotsay / rotating DH fiasco years back, Jerry will occasionally push the front office to do it the manager’s way.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sarava said:

A bridge too far.

• December 10, 2014 - Rick Hahn signs Free Agent David Robertson to a four year, $46M contract.
  • 2018-19 Offseason - Prior to tanking season #3, Rick Hahn signs Kelvin Herrera ($18M / 2 Years, DFAd 1st week into 2nd yr) and Alex Colome ($7.3M/Year).
  • 2019-20 Offseason - Rick Hahn signs Alex Colome ($10.3M) and Steve Cishek ($6M). Enters the ALDS after 60 games with two starting pitchers.

And then there is Craig Kimbrel

• Rick Hahn trades Codi Heuer and Nick Madrigal for Craig Kimbrel, eating the entire contract and stating

“The resumé speaks for itself,” Hahn said. “As I discussed with Craig, a few weeks ago (executive vice president) Kenny (Williams) and I asked each other of all the players expected to be moved, let’s assume we could only acquire one, who would it be? And he and I had the same answer and that was the player we acquired today.”

• October 8, 2021, La Russa stated "It (non closing) is not his situation. He willingly got ready to come in there and pitch. It's a different situation. So he is his resume,"
  • Rick Hahn doubles down on the Kimbrel trade, picking up his option with likely only one trade partner willing and able to pay his contract.
  • White Sox acquire their 4th LF/DH (Eloy, Vaughn, Sheets), claiming 34 year old Pollock is a RFer after 6 previous games over 10 seasons.
  • AJ Pollock's RF experiment ends after 5 starts, including ending a game in Detroit on a dropped fly ball.

As much as I'd like to put it all on Tony, looking at the totality of the Kenny Williams / Rock Hahn era I'm more inclined to believe they don't listen to their managers in these decisions. And Tony is old school so you don't criticize the management, he'll say it's the best tasting shit he's ever had.

Anyone familiar with how Jerry Reinsdorf handles situations like this, after witnessing four decades-worth of his franchise-crippling decisions, one right after another, knows the last thing he’s going to do now is fire Tony LaRussa.  

It’s not going to happen.

Reinsdorf hearing those chants yesterday only made him dig his heels in deeper in his typical “I’m smarter than everyone else, and I’ll show you all that I am!”, and he’ll stick with LaRussa now and hope the combination of everyone coming back from the injuries at the time the schedule becomes easier will turn this thing around and propel the Sox to winning the division and getting hot at the right time in the postseason.  

The guy is now living for the “I told you so!” moment later in the year.  LaRussa is, sadly, not going anywhere.    

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

A bridge too far.

• December 10, 2014 - Rick Hahn signs Free Agent David Robertson to a four year, $46M contract.
  • 2018-19 Offseason - Prior to tanking season #3, Rick Hahn signs Kelvin Herrera ($18M / 2 Years, DFAd 1st week into 2nd yr) and Alex Colome ($7.3M/Year).
  • 2019-20 Offseason - Rick Hahn signs Alex Colome ($10.3M) and Steve Cishek ($6M). Enters the ALDS after 60 games with two starting pitchers.

And then there is Craig Kimbrel

• Rick Hahn trades Codi Heuer and Nick Madrigal for Craig Kimbrel, eating the entire contract and stating
  • October 8, 2021, La Russa stated "It (non closing) is not his situation. He willingly got ready to come in there and pitch. It's a different situation. So he is his resume,"
  • Rick Hahn doubles down on the Kimbrel trade, picking up his option with likely only one trade partner willing and able to pay his contract.
  • White Sox acquire their 4th LF/DH (Eloy, Vaughn, Sheets), claiming 34 year old Pollock is a RFer after 6 previous games over 10 seasons.
  • AJ Pollock's RF experiment ends after 5 starts, including ending a game in Detroit on a dropped fly ball.

Traded Narvaez for Colome

3 hours ago, Texsox said:

If they really need a message how about sending the players a message their careers are on the line. No more sweet contracts after fielding,  hitting, and playing like they are. 

We have been converting some of our players into rich fat cats with no accountability and no hunger.

4 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Exactly. People are acting as if Tony is Bevington. This team is decimated and poorly assembled both.