Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

8 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:

I need a billboard. Who’s got some cash laying around?

In the UK supporters of 'soccer' teams doing badly have hired planes towing banners saying fire the manager, maybe one of those flying over Guaranteed Rate Field would help nudge the ownership.

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

This fan base is genuinely pissed. This chant, the loud booing is just part of it. I audibly heard at least one person yelling “Walk him Tony” late in the game over the radio and Twitter has a whole bunch of seemingly legit people saying this is happening at the ballpark every time there’s a 1-2 count now. 

I am not sure I can recall a time where the fan base was this angry. 2016 was a different feeling, this is somehow just pure unleashed anger. 

There is a limit to fan masochism.  Many are also fans of other Chicago teams with bad FO and coaches, which is practically all other teams like the Bears and Trubitsky blunder consequences, the Hawks with Colliton and all the bad Scottie Bowman moves, the JR Bulls mediocrity, not to mention the Cubs implosion. TLR and Hahn are ruining this season and some players too.  But the buck on the field stops with TLR.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tony said:

You phrased that wrong.

Managers shouldn’t have that much of an impact in baseball. The “good” ones don’t. 

Tony La Russa has ABSOLUTELY mattered since he’s been here, and for all the wrong reasons. 

Sir why are you in this thread?  We have fired you.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Fifty Ways - White Sox Version

Hahn said, "It's really not my habit to intrude
Furthermore, I hope my meaning
Won't be lost or misconstrued
But I'll repeat myself
At the risk of being crude
There must be fifty ways
To leave your JR
Fifty ways to leave your JR"

Sail down the Crick , Prick
You're kind of a rat, Matt
You don't need to be fake, Jake
Just get yourself free
You're kind of a prick, Rick
You don't need to discuss much
Be gone by dawn, Vaughn
And set ourselves free

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

There’s kids at the park. Fire Tony is the correct one. 

I said it should be. Not that it's the correct one. I was being sarcastic. But some type a thing letting Jerry know should chanted

3 hours ago, Rowand44 said:

Sir why are you in this thread?  We have fired you.

I keep looking back looking for what Tony the poster did then realize the thread I'm in.  I forgot the manager's name as I just now refer to him as fing drunken ahole.

I defended the hire on and off for all of last year but this off season  and the pure stupidity of this hire has pushed me over the edge.

My Fandom is really teetering.

One thing I thought of was the fing drunken ahole had the NL pitcher batting to fall back on stupid moves previously. 

I understand the frustration with LaRussa. And I agree his departure would benefit the team in the short run. But in the long run?

We have to remember this organization likes to hire friends and cronies. Then it becomes hard to fire these people, because, after all, they are friends and cronies. So, what would we see as a replacement? Someone who has to have a past connection to the White Sox? Someone who has no managerial or coaching experience? Walking time bomb Ozzie?

Getting rid of LaRussa now or after the season would mean the FO would have to admit it has made mistakes. Is it willing to do that? 

We can only hope that the players can turn things around. But I don't know if the FO knows what is ailing the team, and I wonder if it knows how fix things. A new manager would help but the team needs more than that.

3 minutes ago, Highland said:

I understand the frustration with LaRussa. And I agree his departure would benefit the team in the short run. But in the long run?

We have to remember this organization likes to hire friends and cronies. Then it becomes hard to fire these people, because, after all, they are friends and cronies. So, what would we see as a replacement? Someone who has to have a past connection to the White Sox? Someone who has no managerial or coaching experience? Walking time bomb Ozzie?

Getting rid of LaRussa now or after the season would mean the FO would have to admit it has made mistakes. Is it willing to do that? 

We can only hope that the players can turn things around. But I don't know if the FO knows what is ailing the team, and I wonder if it knows how fix things. A new manager would help but the team needs more than that.

The one simple reality right now is “it can’t be worse”. Name all of the friends and cronies you can think of, retreads, whatever - they could potentially be as bad as this, but there’s no room for it to be worse from a baseball perspective. 

• Fire 1

19 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Firing Tony is not going to make Yoan and Grandal good at baseball again.  Nor keep Giollito and Cease turtling every 5th inning.  Nor make this team magically healthy again.

However, it was still a horrible hire.

It could, however, stop them from losing winnable games due to managerial gaffes. It could also light a much needed fire under this group. 

• Fire 4

25 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Firing Tony is not going to make Yoan and Grandal good at baseball again.  Nor keep Giollito and Cease turtling every 5th inning.  Nor make this team magically healthy again.

However, it was still a horrible hire.

And even if all that is true and the coaches have nothing to do with any of that, they might still have 2 more wins in the past 3 days.

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It could, however, stop them from losing winnable games due to managerial gaffes. It could also light a much needed fire under this group. 

It's a team underperforming at 3 games under .500.  This team was suppose to be 10+ games over by now.  LaRussa is not that 13-15 game swing.

Assuming we are still shooting for the same end goal of contending for a World Series.

My point is firing LaRussa (which they should anyway) is like putting a bandaid on the Titanic.  

• Like 1