6/19/22 GT White Sox @ Houston 6:08 Kopech vs Javier

wegner

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Hit some cheapie Crawford box home runs ourselves.  It’s hard to come back in games without hitting home runs.

Very true....still frustrating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

At least Pollock trade is looking better. Pollock starting to hit.  Tonight Kimbrel gave up two runs late to Cleveland in a tied game, and the Dodgers lost.  Kimbrel ERA is over 4.

AJ looking very good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

You gave up a homer to fricken Mauricio Dubon for crying out loud you deserve to lose

It was a Crawford box homer , not a homer in most other parks.  Guys like Abreu, Robert, Vaughn,  Burger, zpollock can reach the Crawford boxes but none did. It’s like hitting the Monster at Fenway.

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He’s not a rookie, but the whole handedness thing.

Zavala at least hot recently at the big league level.  Not that Pressly is easy for even the best hitters.

Would take my chances with Zavala over Hasely particularly when we need a homer to tie in the 9th. TLR should know this as well.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

It was a Crawford box homer , not a homer in most other parks.  Guys like Abreu, Robert, Vaughn,  Burger, zpollock can reach the Crawford boxes but none did. It’s like hitting the Monster at Fenway.

And the White Sox got no lucky runs today? From a bat that exploded and a SS giving up a hit while trying not to die?

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Would take my chances with Zavala over Hasely particularly when we need a homer to tie in the 9th. TLR should know this as well.

I saw 3 of Hasely's at bats today...I missed his base hit.  He looked overmatched.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And the White Sox got no lucky runs today? From a bat that exploded and a SS giving up a hit while trying not to die?

White Sox never get lucky runs. 

However, 92.7% of Astros runs are illegitimate for one reason or another imho.

I hope this series clarified that we need to move on from guys like Harrison and Haseley if we are going to win in the playoffs. If TA and Eloy come back for the entire rest of the way I think this team is going to win a lot more. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1

I just don't think this team is much more than a .500 ballclub.

I'll probably change my mind later in the week when they play the Orioles....easiest schedule in AL, they can do it.

Edited by wegner
No m

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm just don't think this team is much more than a .500 ballclub.

I'll probably change my mind later in the week when they play the Orioles....easiest schedule in AL, they can do it.

Knowing this club they will find a way to make it more difficult. 

• Like 2

What a dreadful bench we have right now. Some guys need to get healthy, man up, whatever....you can't ride through these series, with your bench options being the likes of Adam Engel, Seby Zavala, etc.

2 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

If I ever catch anybody's first home run, anything less than a fully stocked 200 level suite (with nobody carding) for a Friday night home game with fireworks after the game is not getting the ball.

if you remove your no carding demand, they may agree, but Idoubt they would break the law just to get you to make a deal

58 minutes ago, wegner said:

I just don't think this team is much more than a .500 ballclub.

I think it’s all so frustrating because they aren’t good enough while this banged up and short benched to make a big move, but they also aren’t bad enough to fall completely out of it. Truth be told, when I step back, I’m kind of amazed they didn’t fall into a complete black hole / death March / 10 losses in a row debacle with TA out. Thank god for Mendick and Vaughn. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 1