SOX GT 6/24 - BEGINNING OF A 3 GAME WIN STREAK

he gone.

53 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

If this is the case, isn’t this (not airing the player out publicly) how people said TLR should have handled the Yermin situation last year?

You don’t need to show up a utility guy enjoying his 15 minutes of fame like Yermin on a hot streak.  Let it ride until he falls back to earth by himself.

With Robert, I wouldn’t have said a thing about injuries.  I simply would have said that’s between the two of us and we’re going to keep that discussion private.  Of course, everyone could infer the truth, but covering up for him hasn’t taughy him a valuable lesson until we see a marked change in some of his bad habits.

25 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

The worse thing is we got of lightly as the Orioles only had 2-10 RISP, whereas the Sox only managed 1 RISP and of course failed to convert that. 

Back to only three teams in the AL with worse RS/RA numbers.

Tigers, Royals and A’s.

The bigger problem is the route to the 5th/6th Wild Card spot gets more and more difficult by the day.  We’re now to the point where 4.5 is the same margin for the division as the WC.

42 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Back to only three teams in the AL with worse RS/RA numbers.

Tigers, Royals and A’s.

The bigger problem is the route to the 5th/6th Wild Card spot gets more and more difficult by the day.  We’re now to the point where 4.5 is the same margin for the division as the WC.

3 of the 6 AL playoff teams are coming out of the East so the only way the Sox make it is to win the Division. 

They have 16 games left against the Twins and 14 against Cleveland. They control their own destiny. 

8 hours ago, reiks12 said:

With all the expectations, this is the worst season ive experienced as a fan. 

I'm with you. I have been a fan for a long time and have seen some real bad Sox teams and had some real disappointments. But this year is the worst.

2 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

If this is the case, isn’t this (not airing the player out publicly) how people said TLR should have handled the Yermin situation last year?

If he was benched for not running, the problems aren’t with how he handled it.

Rather, it’s why it had to happen in the first place. First of all, it seems most of the team no longer hustles because everyone is in such poor sprinting condition, so why did Robert get singled out? Second, why did it take 70 games before someone got singled out for that? Third, how did things with a legit HOF type guy get so bad that top flight players have stopped caring by June and need that jolt?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If he was benched for not running, the problems aren’t with how he handled it.

Rather, it’s why it had to happen in the first place. First of all, it seems most of the team no longer hustles because everyone is in such poor sprinting condition, so why did Robert get singled out? Second, why did it take 70 games before someone got singled out for that? Third, how did things with a legit HOF type guy get so bad that top flight players have stopped caring by June and need that jolt?

Excellent post. Excellent questions that need answers. . 

I ended up watching most of the Yankee - Astro's game last night. And I have to say the talent divide and performance level between those two teams and the Sox is really, really wide. Both teams are constructed so well. Defense, pitching, hitting, they both have it all covered. They play hard they play smart and they hate to lose. 

They are everything we thought the Sox were rebuilding to be and have turned out not to be.

The recipe for building a winning organization is not a secret but for whatever reason very few teams can follow it. I put all the blame on JR and RH. You can definitely blame TLR as well but a competent owner would never have hired him in the first place. 

So as much as we all keep yelling for TLR to be fired until JR and RH are gone as well nothing is going to change with this team. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I ended up watching most of the Yankee - Astro's game last night. And I have to say the talent divide and performance level between those two teams and the Sox is really, really wide. Both teams are constructed so well. Defense, pitching, hitting, they both have it all covered. They play hard they play smart and they hate to lose. 

They are everything we thought the Sox were rebuilding to be and have turned out not to be.

The recipe for building a winning organization is not a secret but for whatever reason very few teams can follow it. I put all the blame on JR and RH. You can definitely blame TLR as well but a competent owner would never have hired him in the first place. 

So as much as we all keep yelling for TLR to be fired until JR and RH are gone as well nothing is going to change with this team. 

This is so true, and any Sox fan who thinks this team is a serious WS contender this season is delusional. We are nearing the halfway point of the season, and the White Sox are still struggling to get over .500.

LaRussa is more a symptom than the problem. He shouldn't have been hired in the first place just as Robin Ventura should not have been hired in the first place. The team has floundered for the most part since 2008, and the 2008 team was just an average club. Talk about rebuild. The team has been rebuilding since '08 with little success.

I think it is time for this team to kick some ass for a couple of games against the Orioles, just to trick me again into thinking "it's an easy schedule the rest of the way, they can do this."

Right now I can't see this team as anything better than hanging around .500, no matter what the schedule.

5 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Yermin didn't fail to hustle.  He just broke one of Tony's "unwritten rules."  Big difference.  And TLR didn't tell the Orioles pitchers that he'd understand if they throw at Robert.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

Ugh, another total disaster this was. The White Sox can do nothing right these days so the question  is, how long will this train wreck continue? My guess is after the All-Star break the team goes on a fairly nice winning streak and then when things are looking promising, they revert back to playing pitiful and pathetic the rest of the season. My hope however is that starting today, the White Sox begin the road back to the top of the Central. Not likely but at least possible.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

One positive last night - Kopech’s fastball was back up to 94.7 after averaging 93.9 in his first start after the knee thing.

Could be not related at all, or the reason for it, but has anyone noticed how many times Kopech lands his front foot and looks down at the mound like something is off?   And to be honest he is far from the only one,  Bryan Baker from the orioles fell off the mound last night landing his foot in basically the same spot.  I dunno, I really notice it with Kopech pitching and I wonder if it is affecting his throwing motion trying to avoid it

45 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Could be not related at all, or the reason for it, but has anyone noticed how many times Kopech lands his front foot and looks down at the mound like something is off?   And to be honest he is far from the only one,  Bryan Baker from the orioles fell off the mound last night landing his foot in basically the same spot.  I dunno, I really notice it with Kopech pitching and I wonder if it is affecting his throwing motion trying to avoid it

Fire Bossard