GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You can fire Tony now . Stand Pat at the All Star break as far as trades go then fire Hahn after the season.

Not sure why you want the team to stand pat. I guess cause you prolly don't trust Hahn to make the deals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I can’t even blame the players. This is literally an inbred organization that has done so little from the outside and so little to actually innovate the game or even invest in all the relevant modern tech. They are truly pathetic - a complete laggard at all things and it shows in almost everything they do. 

Inbred  I like it ! That's one I haven't heard.

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Not sure why you want the team to stand pat. I guess cause you prolly don't trust Hahn to make the deals.

Bingo ! I was advocating a week ago for trades but I know that's silly now. Just play Burger and Eloy and bring up  Sosa, Carlos Perez, Yolbert Sanchez , Davis Martin, Micker Adolfo . Put Yoan back at 2nd base.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

6 run ballgame and LaRussa letting his team know he has ZERO faith in them coming back.  

6 runs for a team that was suppose to mash up there with the elites like Yankees, Dodgers, and Astros. 

screenshot_20200506-093352.jpg?w=1024

Well Country Kitchen is going to close soon.  He needs to get there before the Tuesday special goes bad. 

• Haha 2

Why in the devil would you concede the game? Oops, this should be the fireable offense. Six runs down and you give up? Wow. This is unprecedented. The reporters should look it up. Is this the lowest run differential in history in which a manager put in a position player to pitch?? I'm serious. Six runs might be unprecedented. Elias?

Just now, greg775 said:

Why in the devil would you concede the game? Oops, this should be the fireable offense. Six runs down and you give up? Wow. This is unprecedented. The reporters should look it up. Is this the lowest run differential in history in which a manager put in a position player to pitch?? I'm serious. Six runs might be unprecedented. Elias?

The same HOF manager walked a guy with 2 strikes because of the Analytics from his old pitching coaches son.  Thank you Udemy for teaching Duncan intro to analytics and R.  

14 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

.  Go to MIT/Stanford and find real people who do the math.  The type of people trading firms hire to build their algorithms. 

Rick Hahn hired one of those Stanford guys as his top assistant:  Haber. Of course, like Hahn, he doesn't know analytics. 

Dead-ass lifeless team out there tonight.    Zero energy on the field, dumbass fans cheering to throw home run balls back.  Kopech looking very broken on the mound giving up long ball after long ball.  TLR asleep at the wheel as usual.  TA killed how many potential rallies pulling a grounders to the left side?!  Sox looked like they were just going through the motions out there tonight.  Sad showing all around. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I can’t even blame the players. This is literally an inbred organization that has done so little from the outside and so little to actually innovate the game or even invest in all the relevant modern tech. They are truly pathetic - a complete laggard at all things and it shows in almost everything they do. 

Oh, trust me, I hate Hahn and know he is most of the reason for all this. The entire FO and ownership need to go.  But sadly, they aren't the ones putting on the uniforms on an almost daily basis getting the ire of the fans.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Dead-ass lifeless team out there tonight.    Zero energy on the field, dumbass fans cheering to throw home run balls back.  Kopech looking very broken on the mound giving up long ball after long ball.  TLR asleep at the wheel as usual.  TA killed how many potential rallies pulling a grounders to the left side?!  Sox looked like they were just going through the motions out there tonight.  Sad showing all around. 

Our young hitters lose their power and young pitchers lose their velocity.  Either we’re the only clean team in baseball or something is very wrong.

• Like 2

The Sox officially are an embarrassment. They get throttled again by Minnie, lose again to another Central Division team and give up down six runs. I wonder if Ozzie will call out Tony on the postgame. Stoney and Jason weren't appalled at giving up down six.

There's no reason to pay big league prices to see a game on the south side the rest of the year. Go to a minor league game. Oh wait ... many minor league teams have started charging hefty prices as well.

Either trade everybody or just tell the public the rest of this season is to evaluate players with many trades coming this offseson. At least admit it's over for 2022. This team can't win division games and is the most unlikeable team all of us true fans can remember.