GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Historically, players like Konerko, Carlos Delgado and Bobby Abreu were stars. You have to have a career at least in the Hall of Very Good. 

Compare a typical Paul Konerko season to TA, Abreu, Robert, Moncada before his talent got zapped in ST, Gio, Cease, etc. They're all going to come out just as good or better than him from a WAR perspective.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Compare a typical Paul Konerko season to TA, Abreu, Robert, Moncada before his talent got zapped in ST, Gio, Cease, etc. They're all going to come out just as good or better than him from a WAR perspective.

Compare Moncada to Scott Rolen. Apples to apples. 

Compare players to their peers at their position. IMO WAR unfairly punishes 1B and corner OF. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

There's always someone in the pen that decides to have a moment of mental weakness.

I have yet to figure why Katz is the new Coop as far as getting a free pass.

The whole staff needs to go and the worst part is it will be former players from an era of mediocrity.

I think Katz will quietly leave when Giolito is no longer with the organization...but will attempt to remain loyal until then unless things just totally go south.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

I think Katz will quietly leave when Giolito is no longer with the organization...but will attempt to remain loyal until then unless things just totally go south.

I'm sure teams tried to poach Don Cooper from the Sox and he was here for like 20 years. Katz isn't here just to be Lucas' personal pitching coach.

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I know this. 

I think baseball is going toward the end of starting pitchers. Before too long there will be 2 3 inning pitchers that pitch one time through the order. 

2 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Twins flat out own us. 

If you go back every season from 2001 to 2022, you can pinpoint an exact moment when the tide turned.

There are only the 2005 2008 and 2021 exceptions over two decades now...by the same organization that was threatened with contraction in the early 2000's.