GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

2 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

I'm 64 and have seen a LOT of bad White Sox baseball. But this season might be the most disappointing/frustrating/disgusting of them all. 

I feel like I’m going to throw my phone the next time I see Robert take a defensive swing up in the count on an outside slider

4 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Hiring AJ without experience is a stupid stupid stupid stupid move.  See Ventura, Robin.  Everyone conflates, OMG HE IS A CATCHER, CATCHERS MAKE GOOD MANAGERS.  This would be a failure and we might as well rebuild again.  

Sox fans are trained into that stupidity.  Next is Konerko, Big Hurt.  Ozzie was the exception because he learned outside the organization.

It's a big difference announcing a game in the booth instead of facing a player everyday.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Whoever the next manager is, I just hope it's someone with 0 connection to the White Sox. This entire organization desperately needs an influx of new voices.

There is zero chance this will happen.  

Daryl Boston will be at first, McEwing is either at 3rd or the Manager.  Some ex-white sox player will be doing this.  It could be Gordon Beckham based on the fact that he is on the TV show.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

or a former Sox player with no manager experience that we can't stand and forgot what great players they were, that madness has to stop

7 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

That madness has to stop among fans.  A dog returns to its vomit.

6 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Hiring AJ without experience is a stupid stupid stupid stupid move.  See Ventura, Robin.  Everyone conflates, OMG HE IS A CATCHER, CATCHERS MAKE GOOD MANAGERS.  This would be a failure and we might as well rebuild again.  

Your all right. We need someone with no connections to the Sox. Any ideas?

Just now, kitekrazy said:

Sox fans are trained into that stupidity.  Next is Konerko, Big Hurt.  Ozzie was the exception because he learned outside the organization.

It's a big difference announcing a game in the booth instead of facing a player everyday.

Its a Chicago thing. 

HEY WAT ABOUT MIKE SINGLETERRY AS A HC.  HE WOULD RUN DA 46 and bring it back to DITKA STYLE.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I feel like I’m going to throw my phone the next time I see Robert take a defensive swing up in the count on an outside slider

Well throw it on the outside corner of the zone so Robert will miss and you'll have your phone back.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Daryl Boston will be at first, McEwing is either at 3rd or the Manager.  Some ex-white sox player will be doing this.  It could be Gordon Beckham based on the fact that he is on the TV show.  

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Well throw it on the outside corner of the zone so Robert will miss and you'll have your phone back.

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

Its a Chicago thing. 

HEY WAT ABOUT MIKE SINGLETERRY AS A HC.  HE WOULD RUN DA 46 and bring it back to DITKA STYLE.  

As much as I respect him he can't coach the modern day player.  Funny how clueless some of those NFL experts came from a different era. 

5 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

The grounds are getting deeper for my divorce from this team.  I'm not sure the right things will be done in my lifetime.

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Your all right. We need someone with no connections to the Sox. Any ideas?

I liked the coach of the Tigers before we got all goofy.  But that ship has sailed.  

They need an organizational colonic. 

For their analytic department.  Go to MIT/Stanford and find real people who do the math.  The type of people trading firms hire to build their algorithms.   Not people related to buddies of the coaches old pitching coach.  Spend money on that department like it's a bloodline of the company.   Invest in technology across the spectrum.  

Then go and find the best fielding instructor on the market, throw money his way and have him derive a plan to teach players who go through our minors how to catch the ball.  

Spend money on the minors, spend money on the international draft.  Hire people who work for the Rays, the Dodgers, etc.  Spend money here.  Build a white sox way so that players can be inserted into the majors and play.  Know what to do, how to run, how the game works.  

15 minutes ago, soulfly said:

I honestly can't remember a team that I disliked more over the last almost 25 years.  There just aren't many baseball players on this team.  There are a bunch of athletes that are larping as baseball players and have the baseball IQ of a tree root.

I can’t even blame the players. This is literally an inbred organization that has done so little from the outside and so little to actually innovate the game or even invest in all the relevant modern tech. They are truly pathetic - a complete laggard at all things and it shows in almost everything they do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Whoever the next manager is, I just hope it's someone with 0 connection to the White Sox. This entire organization desperately needs an influx of new voices.

Whoever the next GM is, I hope they have no connections to the Sox, and preferably a connection to Tampa or Oakland. 

• Fire 1

I know the Sox are flirting with .500 but they are sellers. Also, Tony, who I still like and respect (cept for his legal problems), should resign after this series. Why prevent new blood from getting a managing job? Tony can just say he gave it a shot but it's pretty obvious the team is not going to be whole all season cause of injuries and he's not doing a good job with the guys he didn't expect to be playing.

Maybe the new manager can squeeze another inning out of the Sox starters and figure a way to play .500 ball (team's ceiling) in a more entertaining fashion at least. This Sox team isn't fun.

Start making the changes to make it fun. Team should be sellers and be willing to make a significant trade or three. Keep Robert and Vaughn, Tim and Eloy and make it clear everybody else is expendable including a starting pitcher or two. Start the rebuild without Tony. Not sure if Hahn should be the one to make the trades. Maybe some interim GM or even Kenny.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

I know the Sox are flirting with .500 but they are sellers. Also, Tony, who I still like and respect (cept for his legal problems), should resign after this series. Why prevent new blood from getting a managing job? Tony can just say he gave it a shot but it's pretty obvious the team is not going to be whole all season cause of injuries and he's not doing a good job with the guys he didn't expect to be playing.

Maybe the new manager can squeeze another inning out of the Sox starters and figure a way to play .500 ball (team's ceiling) in a more entertaining fashion at least. This Sox team isn't fun.

Start making the changes to make it fun. Team should be sellers and be willing to make a significant trade or three. Keep Robert and Vaughn, Tim and Eloy and make it clear everybody else is expendable including a starting pitcher or two. Start the rebuild without Tony. Not sure if Hahn should be the one to make the trades. Maybe some interim GM or even Kenny.

You can fire Tony now . Stand Pat at the All Star break as far as trades go then fire Hahn after the season.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

I liked the coach of the Tigers before we got all goofy.  But that ship has sailed.  

They need an organizational colonic. 

For their analytic department.  Go to MIT/Stanford and find real people who do the math.  The type of people trading firms hire to build their algorithms.   Not people related to buddies of the coaches old pitching coach.  Spend money on that department like it's a bloodline of the company.   Invest in technology across the spectrum.  

Then go and find the best fielding instructor on the market, throw money his way and have him derive a plan to teach players who go through our minors how to catch the ball.  

Spend money on the minors, spend money on the international draft.  Hire people who work for the Rays, the Dodgers, etc.  Spend money here.  Build a white sox way so that players can be inserted into the majors and play.  Know what to do, how to run, how the game works.  

I would love this so much.