GT 7/5: MIN @ SOX, The day after

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Probably as close to a must win one can find themselves in on July 5th. 

I was thinking exactly this. they HAVE to win 1 at the very minimum this series, but 2 has to be preferred. I am very worried that TLR will give several players off though game 3

• bmags pinned this topic

In my opinion, while yesterday's loss was hurtful, embarrassing, and kick in the nuts a win today cures a lot. 

I didn't think we were going to sweep the twins but 2 out of 3 was the goal. That can still be achieved. Today becomes the most important game of the year to this point. Im interested to see how this team shows up today. 

At worst 1 our of 3 keeps you in the race.

15 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I was thinking exactly this. they HAVE to win 1 at the very minimum this series, but 2 has to be preferred. I am very worried that TLR will give several players off though game 3

We haven’t even won ONE against them this season.

Last year it was 13-6 Sox.

50 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Day game after a very warm night tonight?  Sunday C lineup on Wednesday for sure.  Not like there’s a sense of urgency or anything. 

55 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Archer will throw six, strike out five and Minnesota will use their bull pen guys again.

Archer is averaging 4 innings per start and has only gone 5 three times. I think he’s only surpassed 80 pitches one time this season. His last start he walked the world. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go 6 with Sox offensive tendencies, but they need to be patient with him. 

1 hour ago, 2Deep said:

In my opinion, while yesterday's loss was hurtful, embarrassing, and kick in the nuts a win today cures a lot. 

I didn't think we were going to sweep the twins but 2 out of 3 was the goal. That can still be achieved. Today becomes the most important game of the year to this point. Im interested to see how this team shows up today. 

At worst 1 our of 3 keeps you in the race.

That is just settling for failure 1 out of 3 just prolongs the mediocrity it wouldn't 'keep us in the race' 

8 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

That is just settling for failure 1 out of 3 just prolongs the mediocrity it wouldn't 'keep us in the race' 

You’re certainly not dead with 1 out of 3. But winning the next 2 is extremely important. 

48 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Archer is averaging 4 innings per start and has only gone 5 three times. I think he’s only surpassed 80 pitches one time this season. His last start he walked the world. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go 6 with Sox offensive tendencies, but they need to be patient with him. 

They will not be patient. 

They need to start taking 2 of 3 from the divisional opponents.  They have already gifted the division enough of a pad due to their poor play within the division.  If they cant beat Minny or Cleveland then this is over.  

43 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

They will not be patient. 

This is not a smart organization.  At no point do we see the strong fundamental play from our own players.  Guys that come through our system are flawed.  They lack basic baseball IQ and might as well not know why a mitt belongs on their other hand.  There is no "whitesox" way being taught in the minors.  And the system is so thin if you do anything that passes for acceptable you get promoted quickly.  And miss out on some development they are not providing anyway.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On Eloy coming back, hopefully today is just a “how do you feel today?” day, and if it’s good, he’s on a plane today and in the lineup tomorrow afternoon. 

They need to win the next three games, minimum. Get to 41-40 at the half way mark.

12 minutes ago, flavum said:

On Eloy coming back, hopefully today is just a “how do you feel today?” day, and if it’s good, he’s on a plane today and in the lineup tomorrow afternoon. 

They need to win the next three games, minimum. Get to 41-40 at the half way mark.

Win the next 2 vs. the Twinkies; take 3 of 4 from DET.  43-41 at the end of the week, likely no worse than 3 GB.  

Tall task, but gotta start making progress sooner rather than later.  

Another extremely disappointing loss last night, there's no doubt about it. This team had shown some promise and gained momentum with the road trip and the sweep of the Giants but once again resort to making dumb and illogical mistakes on the field which lead to another demoralizing result. Just when you think you've seen it all with this team, they promptly show us just how wrong we are. A history making triple play takes center stage and continues to add to this miserable White Sox season with very few postive things to be said about this team. Is the season lost? No, not yet but it's getting near impossible to expect Chicago to turn things around and make a serious run the rest of the way. While I will continue to support the team and hope for the best, it's becoming clear that this team is probably more closer to imploding then they are contending.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

These guys need to get their October plans ready because it won't involve playing baseball. This team can't go on a run because we lack basic baseball intelligence and fundamentals. 

They are doing that.  They are playing for this bad idea of preservation instead of playing hard as if the post season is theirs.   No urgency and they also get that from the manager.

4 hours ago, Marqhead said:

The result of that game last night had a Jose Paniagua feel.

I remember that my nephew and I were despondent leaving that Paniagua game....and the Sox won that game.